View Single Post
Old 07-14-2014, 08:28 PM
Sponsor

Solar07
I'm really sorry, I thought I commented on this. I was going to send you to another thread only to find out it was your first question and my response did not go through.
Let's try it again. First of all put the power washer down. Sending 1200 lbs of pressure anywhere near a electrical connection or a grease seal is not a good idea. Leaf blower and a scrapper are my tools. Low pressure hose if you want to wash your machine to make it purdy, but pressure washer- nope.
Greasing the spindles... Yes every 500 hours or once a year. I suggest 7 pumps. The grease you put in your spindles has no lubricating function at all. All you are doing is pushing air out so condensation does not form with the heating and cooling of the spindles. If the grease passed by the seals the damage is done. Use that spindle as long as you can, but the life was shortened. I was a big fan of greasing my spindles but our warranty claims have gone down( percentage wise) since going to pre greased sealed bearings. You really don't need that really tacking grease either. Stick with a quality grease otherwise you'll get little clay balls from the heat in your spindles.
Again, sorry about the missed threads earlier.

Brian O

Page generated in 0.03073 seconds with 7 queries