View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 06:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 seasons lawn&land View Post
The 3500 chevy has one more leaf in the rear. So there is basically no difference between them. I said IRS meaning independent rear suspension. And I was referring to the new dodges being the only company currently making a heavier duty 3500 than 2500.
If you're referring to the dodge having IRS, I stand corrected. I do not keep track of dodge.

I don't know how you define "heavy duty" or "heavier duty" but for my conversation I am going by a number as classified by a manufacturer and the law. To me an additional legal payload allowance of 1400# +/- is considered "heavier duty". So yes, I consider a 3500HD SRW Chevy "heavier duty" than a 2500HD. If the engineers that designed the vehicle are confident that all that needs to be raised for additional payload is the one additional leaf in the spring, that's good enough for me. I don't see too many trucks having axle, chassis, brake problems, etc.

If you or dodge don't consider that "heavier duty" than we can agree to disagree. As I mentioned before, my original post is not to discuss dodge vs chevy vs ford, but rather what configuration of combination gvwr (higher truck/lower trailer or higher trailer/lower truck) ya'll would opt to haul a particular load.

Page generated in 0.03724 seconds with 7 queries