View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnthefurniture View Post
If you're referring to the dodge having IRS, I stand corrected. I do not keep track of dodge.

I don't know how you define "heavy duty" or "heavier duty" but for my conversation I am going by a number as classified by a manufacturer and the law. To me an additional legal payload allowance of 1400# +/- is considered "heavier duty". So yes, I consider a 3500HD SRW Chevy "heavier duty" than a 2500HD. If the engineers that designed the vehicle are confident that all that needs to be raised for additional payload is the one additional leaf in the spring, that's good enough for me. I don't see too many trucks having axle, chassis, brake problems, etc.

If you or dodge don't consider that "heavier duty" than we can agree to disagree. As I mentioned before, my original post is not to discuss dodge vs chevy vs ford, but rather what configuration of combination gvwr (higher truck/lower trailer or higher trailer/lower truck) ya'll would opt to haul a particular load.

Um Okay... Well I was trying to answer that question for you. I didn't realize you needed to be coddled so much while answering your question. I told you what the difference was and as a side note I told you that dodge are the only ones making different chassis between their 2500 and 3500s. Didn't get into which one I think is better. I have a chevy 2500 lol.

Here, how is this answer for you?

Hi mr. Burn the furniture, cool user name sir. Congratulations on your future new truck purchase and already having 15 others in the fleet. That's really impressive! So there is very little difference between the two trucks in question, just a leaf spring. But either one you choose will be the coolest truck in the world with you behind the wheel.

Page generated in 0.03535 seconds with 7 queries