View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 12:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Just use it very gently and it may last you awhile. Much like Greg78 posted, I have had a Troy-bilt articulating hedgetrimmer attachment that broke the case when hit against a branch. My neighbor had the same experience with his. His lasted a month or so, mine lasted a couple of years. I ordered the new case parts and fixed them both. Lent it to one of our workers at my day job last week and he brought it back broken today. All 3 times the case has snapped in the same area because it was being swung back and forth and hit something more substantial than a vine.

I'm virtually positive a Husky, Stihl or Echo would not have broken the case in any of those occasions. I have a Husky 326, and a Stihl HS75, both articulating hedgetrimmers, both bought used and fixed up, and neither has broken.
This is why everyone keeps telling you that Husky, Stihl or Echo makes much better quality tools. There is a thread currently running on a chainsaw site I visit - the consensus on that thread is the Echo or Husky is better than the Stihl, mostly because a lot of those posters strongly dislike the Stihl "4-mix" engine.

Page generated in 0.03333 seconds with 7 queries