View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by etwman View Post
I don't know how long we will have them, I would guess awhile. We we're some of the first in the area to have the new D series. We haven't really had any issues with them as of yet, and I know we lift some pretty heavy pallets of materials and use them pretty hard.

I do agree there are a lot more whistles and bells on there with preferences than you probably need to learn, or don't have time to learn. If you are a one owner / operator that spends 1000's of hours in them a year then yes that is a huge plus. However, there is a lot of operator comfort items that are very nice. They've come a long way since our two other 2006's that we own.
I agree with you, a lot of it is the application the machine is used for. I spend 8-12 hours a day in our machines so comfort is huge. I can see if you have to keep an eye on your machines because you're not there first hand is a huge plus. Our new Doosan machines have the GPS/start and service interval tech but I haven't used it yet. I think that would be more beneficial to a company that has a huge fleet to maintain. Our Doosan DX85 had its first service and the guy said we are among the top 10% as far as machine use goes and I didn't think we even used it that much. Knowing things like that are interesting but don't do much for bottom line. And as for right now buying new makes a lot more sense with how high used machine prices are. There are many driving forces behind that though; tier 3, the oil fields out in North Dakota. At least here in Minnesota.

Must be different out by you, there are D-series CTLs and MTLs everywhere around here. Seems like everyone traded in their C series machines for them.

Page generated in 0.03703 seconds with 7 queries