View Single Post
Old 08-01-2014, 12:33 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twomancrew View Post
You're not the only guy with a tractor larry. It ain't no secret I keep that I 'm a farmer's kid. Now I'm 35. We mow ditches for Dad with his sometimes. I hate it-too bouncy and jerky and all it's good for is chopping stuff short. Waterways get too weedy or have cows parsnps so we mow em down with it. It has it's purpose for sure. We pull ours with a 200 hp Deere little feller. Wanna whip it out and measure there guy?

The OP asked for a price not how to do it. The owner will look at price and quality. 40 acres don't even come close to justifying a batwing. This is Lawnsite. I can't be the only one here with any real sense?

Larry we gone at it before so I'm over it already there feller. Maybe someone else will join your team and prove me an idiot?
Tell you about a batwing mower you cant let the grass get to tall or you have a mess with rows of clippings since the batwing is a rear discharge type

I found out long time ago 2- 72'' and 60'' mowers will out cut a 15 ft batwing pull type My mowers will lap the tractor
Batwing is nice but still going need the extra guys for trimming and mowing the areas that the batwing cant get
To Larry if someone wants to jump on it for 500-600 they can have it I don't need a education on how to mow 40 acres for 500 dollars

Page generated in 0.03582 seconds with 7 queries