View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Add Ons and Change orders

I have been in the landscape business 6 years now and still find it difficult to inform clients they will be billed or charged for changes to their landscape above and beyond the contract. I have a clause in my contract about change orders, but sometimes find it hard to fill out a change order when we are installing and they come out and make changes. This means I have to stop work, fill out the paper work, figure out cost, go over it with them, wait for there decision and then move on. In most cases I just make the changes and find myself getting into trouble when it comes time for final payment. Does anybody else have this problem...and if so, how do you handle it?
For example: I had a recent client who we installed outdoor low voltage lighting for. He wanted to controller out in the yard v.s. next to the outlet on the deck. So we hard wired an outlet out into his yard off his fuse panel. When I tried billing him for the labor and materials for the outlet, he thought it should be included with the lighting per the original contract. Which of course was not specific enough to state where the controller whould be plugged in.
Thanks

Page generated in 0.04064 seconds with 7 queries