View Single Post
Old 06-25-2000, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Starting biz in 2 weeks.(I know I'm late, but you do what you can), I am on the fence regarding equipment. Here's the dilemma: I can pick up a good used Dixie chopper for $3900 from a reputable local dealer who took it in on a new trade. I don't know the deck size, hours or model yet..will find out tommorow. I have budgeted app. $5000 for my main mower and Shindaiwa T230 trimmer, Shin blower and stick edger. I've heard to get the best you can afford to start out and you won't be sorry later. If I find a lesser quality used ztr or hydro W/B for app. $2500 or so, I would have xtra $1400 for advertising, misc, etc. I have set aside money for living expenses for 2 months and insurances, licenses and initial advertising. I will be starting with residential accts of 1/4 and 1/2 acre initially. Time is money and I want to move fast...but extra dough set aside is nice to have. Most every established lawn service in my area has a ZTR machine, (wonder why)LOL. Good, fast reliable chopper or a lesser quality machine and extra $ for a rainy day? Another factor is I plan on using this dealer for future service/upgrades. If I buy used from John Doe thru the classified's, it's more risky. Anyone agree? Replies appreciated. <br><p><font size="1">Edited by: Bassman

Page generated in 0.04619 seconds with 7 queries