View Single Post
Old 06-26-2000, 07:46 AM
Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Bassman: I have use 60&quot; Choppers on small lawns til I got all big ones. 1 big lawn we do, we also do 4 rental's for them which are smaller and we still use a 60&quot; Chopper on them. Some tips on checking out this Chopper. Look at the serial number and the first 2 numbers is the year. Reverse the first 2 numbers to get the year. If it says 69, it's a 1996 79 is a 1997, you get the idea!! Reach under the deck and lift up and down on the end of the blades to check for spindle bearing slop. If the model number ends in 00, it will be a stainless steel model, which is worth more. If it ends in 01, 02, 03, it is a painted model and won't have an hour meter, unless it was added. The 00 models have engine and hydro coolers which also adds to the value. A Command engine is much better than the older Magnum engines. If the model number starts with an LX, it's a 42&quot;, X is a 50&quot;, XW is a 60&quot; and XXW is a 72&quot;. You can tell a lot about a machine just by the model number and serial number. I hope this information helps you. Let me know this info and how many hours it has on it and we could give you a better idea of it's value. Feel free to email me if you want.<br><p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>The Grass is always Greener on the other side of my competitors fence

Page generated in 0.04038 seconds with 7 queries