View Single Post
Old 06-25-2000, 06:44 PM
LawnSite Member

I, like many of you, am a professional. I run a legitimate business. I am heavily insured, am licensed, pay taxes and maintain quality equipment. I also, like many of you find myself competing, at least on bids and estimates, with the scrubs that will always give a lower price than I will. <p>I have been thinking about printing up some brochures to better educate the customer on making the right decision in choosing a quality lawn care company. I believe that customers will pay the extra money, IF they know the differnce between me and &quot;Joe Blow's Fly by Night Lawn Care&quot;. Most homeowners don't know the difference, and make thier decision based on the one varying factor they do know, price. <p>I don't want to sound like a salesman on the estimate by downgrading my competion, nor do I wish to take the &quot;pressure sales&quot; route. I emphasize quality on my estimates. I would like to leave a brouchure educating the customer about the differences between a good lawn care company that is insured and will do a good job and the guy working out of a station wagon, uninsured, giving a bad cut for $5-$10 less per cut.<p>What should I emphasize? Insurance is the obvious issue. Licensing? Years in business? Knowledge of turf and fertilizers? Dependability? Full service lawn care (shrubs, trees, soil samples, ect.)? What could I add to this list? What should I leave out? What should I play up during the estimate? What has worked for you and what hasn't? Any advice will be appreciated. <p>Another idea would be to print out mass copies (50,000+) of a full color brouchure and make it available to members of this site. This would save us money as opposed to having 200 printed up at a local shop and give us an avenue to show the customers the difference in a real professional up front, instead of getting that same account 7 months down the road after they have been through 5-6 scrubs.<br>Just a suggestion. Comments?<p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: GrassRoots Lawn Care

Page generated in 0.04467 seconds with 7 queries