Thread: This is me.
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2004, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

This is me.

I am the land manager at a local community college. I am in charge of about 110 acres. About 100 of those are wooded. About 8 of that is lawn and landscape beds the rest is parking lots, islands, roads and building. I have 2 guys that work for me year round and in the summer time i usually hire about 6 guys to help out. We do all the maintenance and installation. The property also has a full irrigation system that i take care of. I have about 250 ornamental trees, about 500 or so shrubs, and about 20 different planting beds, 3 of which are pretty large. We have 3 ponds that we maintain and one fountain. I have my commercial pesticide applicators liscense and I am a certified master gardener. As for equipment, we have a 2001 gmc 2500 pickup, a 1988 gmc 1500 pickup, a 1986 nissan pickup, 2 taylor-dunn utility carts, a 16 ft trailor, john deere f935 tractor, jd wb, asv rc50(which I love), 2 hustler wbs, 2 push mowers, 4 sthil trimmers, sthil hedge trimmer, chain saw, 2 sthil backpack blowers, 2 areators, and a bunch of other stuff but im tired of typing. Probably more than enough for what i take care of but we try to get as much of the maintenance done early so we can work on the installation work we do. I have been here for almost 5 years and the place has almost doubled in size. I have been working on the side for most of that time and am going to be doing more this year than any before. I hope to have my lawn and landscape business going good enough that this will be my last summer at the college. thanks for reading
don

Page generated in 0.04642 seconds with 7 queries