View Single Post
Old 11-17-2000, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Hello.... I live in East Tennessee and got started in this great business by accident..I had a good job as a supervisor with UPS but it just wasn't enough...So I started mowing p/t in 1995.My first customer was a business that my uncle owned.It was just down the road.I didn't have a trailer so i drove my Lowe's riding mower, along with a craftsman weeder, to his business and mowed my first commercial account..While I was mowing a gentlemen walking down the street stopped me and asked if i would be interested in mowing another yard, I said sure.Since this yard was farther away, i had to break down and by a trailer. So, I bought a homemade 5x8 trailer for $150.00..I was on my way..After the first year, I had a total of 6 accts.(1 comm. / 5 resi.)I quit UPS in 1998 and started mowing fulltime.Today I have 90 to 110 accounts..Most of my accts. are residentials..In the past two years I've started doing a little more than just mowing, such as:aerating, seeding new yards, landscape installation, and tractor work.I'm looking at some land to purchase because I would like to open up a small greenhouse and sell landscape supplies.. Here's what I started with:1995 1500 p/u,Lowe's 14hp 42in cut,pushmower, 5x8 trailer,craftsman weedeater,craftsman blower. Today I have:1998 chevy 4x4,1981 chevy 1ton p/u,ford tractor,bushhog,yardbox,tiller,1999 Gravely pro260z,1999 Gravely pro150,2000 52in Honda hydro,(4)Shindaiwa trimmers,other various trimmers,robbin backpack blower,several handheld blowers,(8)pushmowers,6x16 open trailer,backpack sprayers,1985 John Deere 38in rider,Statesmen 46in rider. I'm really looking forward to this site...Good luck to all newcomers to the business..CleanCut

Page generated in 0.04794 seconds with 7 queries