View Single Post
Old 03-11-2004, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Member

? from a new guy

Hello all

I came across this site and it looks like the place I am looking for.
Me and a buddy of mine decided to earn a little extra cash mowing lawns this summer and were handing out fliers. Well we came across this one guy and it so happened that he is the president of his homeowner’s asst.
Well he asks us to make a bid on planting 50 oak trees on the common ground in his subdivision, maintain the grass in the common ground areas and at the front entrance to the subdivision.
Ok first off, I am not actually in business, or should I say I do not have a business license. This job just kind of fell in our laps. Do I need a landscaper’s license to plant these trees? Do I have to have a permit to do this?
I am looking at starting my own lawn care bus. But figured I would test the water first. This kind of hit me unprepared.
How do I go about getting a license, if I need one?
If not how do I know how much to bid ect.
I emailed the guy and told him that we are not professional landscapers, that we just do this around our houses and enjoy this kind of work and wanted to see if we could earn a little extra cash. Well he emailed me back and wants some bids. What do I do?
Any advice would be appreciated. By the way I am down in Houston, TX.

Thanks

Page generated in 0.04466 seconds with 7 queries