View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Grass seed job..

Well I did just what I tell everyone not to do. I seeded smack dab in the middle of the summer. I always tell my customers that the best time to seed is in the fall or spring. Always do my seed jobs then with no problems. Well stupid me, I did my own lawn (would never do a customers this time of year) and am having a terrible time with it now. Here's what I did...

My front yard was all off grade. Lack of care from the previous owner made this yard a mess so I brought in 12 yards of 1/4" screened 00 loom, re-graded the whole yard, put down lesco starter fert, lesco seed, sliced it into the loom with my bluebird thatcher which is what I usually do because I can't see spending $1000.00+ on a seed slicer when this does the same thing, and finally rolled everything out.

It was coming up ok but just in patches. Was'nt coming in full for some reason. Had some good rain last week too. Plenty of sun. Damm birds are having a feast though. Watered 2 times a day when no rain. Well I got so pissed that I did it all over again 3 days ago minus more loom of course. The first job was done about 2 weeks ago and temps were in the mid to high 80's and VERY humid. Been cooler and a little rainny now.

My buddy told me to put down lime but I was worried that lime might affect the seed.

Any suggestions????

Page generated in 0.04212 seconds with 7 queries