View Single Post
Old 02-06-2005, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought his book, too YardPro. I take it it was well worth the money. It was a lot for one day, but I figured I could go through the book slowly and figure it out. I've been frustrated the last few years with the way things are going, and I feel this is what I needed to make some changes.
I know how everyone here loves to talk about "scrubs" and "lowballers". He pointed to all of us and said "Everyone here was a lowballer, everyone" You have to be when you are trying to make a name for yourself. He told a great story about a 2 day seminar he gave to concrete contractors. Both days, a stretch limo pulled up, and two guys in work boots and dirty jeans got out. On the second day, Charles said he had to ask what the story was. The guys told him that their BIGGEST COMPETITOR had paid for the seminar and the limo to get them there.
About 6 months later, Charles met the competitor who sent those guys. He said it cost him about $1,000 but it was the best money he ever spent because those guys prices went WAY up. Charles answer to lowballers is Show Them The Light. Everyone wants to make more money, including "scrubs" and "lowballers".

Page generated in 0.04119 seconds with 7 queries