View Single Post
Old 02-12-2001, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Member

I don't know a better way than having a few of their dollars to keep a signed client from renegging on a contract. In my parts though it doesn't EVER rain for 2 weeks so getting that far behind isn't so much of a concern. We do however often get behind because of changes made to contracts that we are currently working on. Keeping the queved clients informed of schedule delays makes them happy. If you keep them in the dark about why you are not there on time they will rightly be dissapointed with you. "Hello, Mr Jones, it's Blair calling, we are still working at Mrs. Smiths property because she has requested a few changes that will put us back by 2 days. We will be there on Wednesday to begin your project and once we start things will certainly progress rapidly. Once we start on your job we will be there until you are completely satisfied just as Mrs Smith is sure to be tomorrow. Well thanks for understanding and I look forward to seeing you bright and early Wednesday morning." Customers love this kind of respect and will find it hard to say "no, I don't want you doing my job if you can't start today."

Blair Deutekom

[Edited by diginahole on 02-12-2001 at 10:37 PM]

Page generated in 0.04404 seconds with 7 queries