View Single Post
Old 02-16-2001, 09:46 AM
LawnSite Member

SLS NURSERY,
Thanks for the reply!

Your right I didnt explain his responsibilties in my post and that was only because I saw that it was getting rather long. He does know what we expect from him and to be honest it really is not a whole lot.

I also realize that there is room for negotiations but, we feel that his performance did not warrant a raise of any kind. ( remember I did ask him why he felt he deserved this and he could not tell me) If he was able to explain himself then maybe negotiations were possible. Secondly, we DID give him a raise anyway. The reason we did this is because we are basically starting off new. We do take some responsibilty for what went on last year and that is why we are making changes. The changes will benefit the employee tremendously.

Your right he does not appear to be helping our cause. We explained to him that everything we were doing was going to benefit the employee's. We built an employee room this winter and for the first time we will be having weekly paid training meetings for all empoloyee's. We also told him that we will no longer hire anyone untill HE interviews them. We are trying to get everyone involved. We knew when we changed over to this new system that we would lose some people and thats alright. In the long run it will make us a stronger company. We told him he could go look else where if he felt he could get what he was asking for or if he felt we were unfair. We were very nice and professional about it. I really doubt he could get what he is asking for, I could be wrong. I dont see him as ever running more than 1 crew. We will (are) willing to train him to move up in the company but it does take two.

Now the other problem with this is, Do we really want him back if he should chose to stay? Whats his attitude going to be if he feels we are taking advantage of him? I can say with all honesty that I beleive we are being MORE than fair with him, but then again I could be wrong!

BTW: It's now 8:30, no call no show.... day 2, suppose to be in by 8:00.

Mark A Musolf

Page generated in 0.04149 seconds with 7 queries