Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-08-2006, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Need tires for 40-year-old mower

I hope you didn't hurt yourself when you fell off your chair laughing at me, but they are for a 1965, 22-inch, self-propelled Hahn-Eclipse POW-R-PRO. I had to replace the engine about a dozen years back, but the mower still runs great. However, the tires are starting to disintegrate from old age. They are unusual tires, so I am providing a photo. As you can see, the rim has 12 quarter-inch projection around the perimeter which I don't know the name of, but they might be called tenons; and the inside perimeter of the rubber tire has grooves those tenons fit into. So a conventional tire won't do. With all of the knowledge and experience Lawnsite members have, I wonder if anyone knows where I might buy those tires. The old ones have the Hahn-Eclipse name and a part number 33085.
Attached Images

Old 04-08-2006, 05:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Feeling sympathetic for your situation, somewhat respectful for your not throwing this by the wayside, and general curiosity about older equipment....

I found this ( http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/ga...ges/63569.html )

It's semi-current being it's from January '06, so good luck with it! I really hope you get 'er up-n-running soon but I fear you may have to come up with a non-oem solution.
Old 04-08-2006, 11:14 PM
LawnSite Member

Toro bought the Hahn Co. - a few years back. I ASSUME it is the same company, you may try contacting Toro with that part number and see what if anything can be done. Good luck
Old 04-09-2006, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

First, I'd try a Google search. If that doesn't turn up anything, perhaps you could change the wheel and tire together.
Old 04-09-2006, 06:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks for the suggestions

finshinpa, extoro and steve45,

Just want you to know that I appreciate all the help provided. I didn't find anything at yesterdaystractors but I sent a request to them which hasn't been answered yet, and I'll look into the Toro lead. Who knows, they might have a storage bin somewhere filled with these tires. I had tried Google and seveal other search engines a number of times in the past and always came up empty. I did find a place called mayberrys.com which has some Hahn-Eclipse parts (and that of several other manufacturers if anyone is interested) but no tires.

That Hahn-Eclipse of mine has cut a lot of grass in its time, but I only use it now for some very steep hills on my property, slopes I wouldn't attempt cutting the grass with any sit-upon mower. fishinpa is right in that I should have dumped this mower decades ago, but every time I went to look at something to replace it with, I decided that what I already had was better engineered and constructed and therefore did a repair instead. Must be some kind of a disease I'm afflicted with, but I guess a lot of us have that problem.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:47 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryF
fishinpa is right in that I should have dumped this mower decades ago, ...
I NEVER SAID THAT! I SAID: I was "respectful for your not throwing this by the wayside".

PS: "I think" it took me about 30minutes to find that minuscule lead, really hoping it would help you. There must be a big collectors market for that stuff. I found people selling supposedly "original" cutouts of advertisements from magazines and newspapers for that mower and other Hahn-Eclipse stuff.

The link I put up was for someone that said he had "a parts manual for about anything Hahn-Eclipse has ever made". I did this because all the part numbers I came across for the Hahn-Eclipse suff had 6 digits. If you were to try and contact that person from that post 1:_ You could double check the pn (which is probably correct, I mean no disrespect) and 2:_I was thinking that if I had a really old machine, AND found someone who claims to have manuals for about everything that equipment manufacturer ever made... he's probably a collector and might have more info than just paper manuals.

I guess I could have mentioned that I also read along the way that somehow when Hahn originally folded up, Gravely wound up with "everything Hahn" so I am now very surprised to read "extoro" mention that Toro bought the name. I think it's wild that technology advances at a staggering pace, but everyone spends money to buy old company names, because retro is the "in" thing.

Just do me a favor and email or post pictures here of this beast when you get it back up-n-running. I have complete faith in you to "complete this mission".
Old 11-05-2007, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Need tires for 40 year old Hahn Eclipse mower

Google search for Hahn Eclipse mowers took me to LawnSite.com forum.
LarryF on 4-8-06 had posed the exact question that I have. Where can I find Hahn Eclipse tires (#330875) for an OLD 22" Power Pro self propelled mower.
The discussion seemed to be between LarryF (Posts 455) and fishinpa (Posts 247) in April 2006.
If LarryF , fishinpa or anyone has info about where to find tires please advise.
I have a couple of these old Hahn Eclipse Pwer Pros with manuals and some parts if anyone is interested.
Old 11-06-2007, 08:29 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It sure surprised me to see this thread come back again. I'm still here and so is my Hahn Eclipse, but I don't use it any more. I replaced it with a Quick 36 for those parts of my lawn that need a walk-behind mower. I drained the gas and put it on the back shelf, so to speak. I never did find new tires for it, so if anyone knows of a source, I'd like to know about it too. I'm curious though. Are RKA and I the only two in the world who still have this mower?
Old 11-09-2007, 09:55 AM
LawnSite Member

Tires for the old Hahn Eclipse Power Pro mowers must be hard to find. Still very interested in info about them if anyone can reply.
I have a couple of these mowers that obviously need tires but I will consider giving up the mowers and manuals and parts to someone that needs them.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

have you tried ebay? or this website, www.jackssmallengines.com says they have parts for all major manufacturers