Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 07-22-2006, 08:29 PM
LawnSite Member

LAndscape Maintenance for Counties

Does anyone on here maintain properties for Cities or Counties? I would like to start a thread related the different issues that have come up. I currently have to County contracts and they make my head spin. The politics involved are crazy and I would like others to post issues that they have had so I can compare.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

what do you want to know? That by eliminating a majority of "peon laborers" from the direct municipal pool, that you will encounter those who are used to having these workers as they're personal slaves at their beck and call for every whim, get their panties in a bunch when you won't do the same? That poobah department heads measure their worth by the amount of warm bodies under their direct control? That you do three times the quality with half the employees and equipment than they did themselves, leaving some to think that you are deliberately trying to show them up? That they keep a death grip on their watering schedule, intefering with what you are doing and refusing to follow instructions even from other governmental entitities that would improve your performance even further? stop me when this starts to sound familiar to you..lol
Old 08-12-2006, 04:59 AM
LawnSite Member

Two years ago I looked into some work the county had up for bid, to my surprise they wanted me to have a ton of equipment I didn't need and would have gone way too far into debt than the work was worth. I withdrew.