Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2000, 09:13 AM
LawnSite Member

I just recently purchased a Scag 48" walk behind. Have a chance to purchase a set of Jungle Wheels at reduced price. I have never owned a sulke. Just wanted to know what brands/types of sulkes will work best with my mower and maybe which ones not to buy. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-24-2000, 09:33 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i am running a proslide, and i personally would refuse to run anything else, the rocket wheels look ok, but the slidder is the best as far as i am concerned, i'll give you my reasons if you want them...email me jeffrey@tedorkin.com
Old 03-24-2000, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Member

There ok. All these wheels keep you from walking. At first a driver will try to work a mower like a garden tractor then get back to zero turns in a day or two.<br>They work good. there cheap on E-bay.
Old 03-24-2000, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a set of jungle wheels on the back of my bobcat, and don't have any complaints(:<br>One reason I can say I like them is that the tire tracks follow the ones left by my machine.
Old 03-24-2000, 09:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

IWAS WARNED ABOUT THE SINGLE WHEEL SULKY,BUT BOUGHT ONE ANYWAY. I SHOULD'VE LISTENED,IT WORKS BUT I WOULD BE MUCH HAPPIER WITH THE JUNGLE WHEELS.<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 03-25-2000, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a single wheel velke and i have no problems at all. Rides fine and can back up fast,and it doesn't wear me out. As for the jungle wheels, ive looked them over but my regular truf grabber tread tires work great for me.<p>----------<br>Mark's Mowing Service<br>
Old 03-25-2000, 05:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

MARK,I THINK THE VELKE IS ABETTER BUILT PRODUCT THAN THE &quot; MOWERSULKY&quot;BRAND THAT I BOUGHT<p>----------<br>DON<br>LIANNES' MOWING
Old 03-28-2000, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Member

I say go for it. I've been riding the Jungle wheels for 9 years and love'em. You won't find a sulky that last longer or provides a two year weld-warranty. The Jungle Wheels is the only sulky that allows you to adjust your distance from the mower, with an adjustable arm.
Old 03-28-2000, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

anybody no of a really cheap brand of velke? i wouldnt be using it for cutting only for when i want to leave a helper at the last job and ride to the next gated yard with my 36. that way i could put my mower in 5th gear and fly! im so spoiled from my z master i hate walking.
Old 03-28-2000, 05:59 PM
Banned

Location: anthracite valley, commonwealth of pennsylvania Winter residence: Charlotte County FLA
Evan said:<p>&gt;anybody no of a really cheap brand of velke? i wouldnt be using it for cutting only for when i want to leave a helper at the last job and ride to the next gated yard with my 36. that way i could put my mower in 5th gear and fly! <p>Why not leave the sulky on all the time?<br>Most sulkies are about 34&quot; wide.<p>http://www.turfspecialty.com/