Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-02-2006, 09:33 AM
copeblk's Avatar
copeblk copeblk is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: central ny
Posts: 85
jd 757 problems

our 757 ran fine all day execept on the last lawn, has 25hp kawi. idles fine, even at full throtle fine, engage mower and it almost want to stall. air filter replace 1 week ago, fuel filter 2 wees ago, oil changed 17 hrs ago, happened really fast, do we need new plugs, wires. was wondering if it's the fuel pump.(dont even say it , YES the mower had gas) any info would help
__________________
osier landscaping
http://osierlandscaping.com/
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-02-2006, 09:43 AM
stumper1620's Avatar
stumper1620 stumper1620 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by copeblk
our 757 ran fine all day execept on the last lawn, has 25hp kawi. idles fine, even at full throtle fine, engage mower and it almost want to stall. air filter replace 1 week ago, fuel filter 2 wees ago, oil changed 17 hrs ago, happened really fast, do we need new plugs, wires. was wondering if it's the fuel pump.(dont even say it , YES the mower had gas) any info would help
pull off your deck drive belt, see what it does, I would bet you have a siezed double pully bearing. I have replaced 2 of them since I got my 737.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-02-2006, 09:45 AM
Restrorob's Avatar
Restrorob Restrorob is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Show'n my truck off !
Posts: 10,680
You may check your blade spindles and any idler pulleys, You may have one trying to lock up.

So you beat me to it Steve lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
You never learn anything until you admit you don't know it all...

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-02-2006, 09:53 AM
stumper1620's Avatar
stumper1620 stumper1620 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restrorob
You may check your blade spindles and any idler pulleys, You may have one trying to lock up.

So you beat me to it Steve lol
2 Pulleys in 300 hours at 60 bucks each, I have a little experiance with these.
the last one was supposed to be an improved part, but it still dont have a zerk so i doubt it will last. thats a JD weak link.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-02-2006, 11:13 AM
copeblk's Avatar
copeblk copeblk is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: central ny
Posts: 85
well now i know it not the deck went and pulled the belt, started it up idled fine, clutch engaged fine and still ran fine.disengaged clutch went to full throtle and runs like sh.. almos like choke is on, pulled air cleaner off, choke is not closed... carb need cleaning? mabey jets need adj. or replace... any more thoughts..
__________________
osier landscaping
http://osierlandscaping.com/
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-02-2006, 11:19 AM
stumper1620's Avatar
stumper1620 stumper1620 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by copeblk
well now i know it not the deck went and pulled the belt, started it up idled fine, clutch engaged fine and still ran fine.disengaged clutch went to full throtle and runs like sh.. almos like choke is on, pulled air cleaner off, choke is not closed... carb need cleaning? mabey jets need adj. or replace... any more thoughts..
possibly one bad spark plug. I would try 2 new plugs.
I haven't had any problems with my kawi other than plugs. and the JD bearings.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-02-2006, 11:21 AM
stumper1620's Avatar
stumper1620 stumper1620 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,913
Oh, by the way, How many hours on this motor? Valve adjust?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-02-2006, 01:27 PM
khouse khouse is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: lee's summit, mo
Posts: 1,479
have you checked for water in the carb bowl? If there is none then remove the carb, take it apart, spray with brakleen or equal, blow it all out with compressed air, put it all back, change fuel filter, see what happens. I suspect the main jet passageways are plugged somewhat.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-03-2006, 10:33 AM
dlm17's Avatar
dlm17 dlm17 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: south fla
Posts: 102
rob, jd designed its own filter about 10 inches round and as we know i have a little exp with 757s these filters clog easy but will just seem like its losing power but not bogging, with my recent problem could it have overheated and losing power under load valve or lost compression
__________________
06 LAZER 52
04 JD ZTRAK 54
02 JD ZTRAK 54
00 WRIGHT STANDER 36
06 FUSO LANDSCAPE DUMP
01 F250 CREW CAB
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-03-2006, 11:23 AM
Restrorob's Avatar
Restrorob Restrorob is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Show'n my truck off !
Posts: 10,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlm17
with my recent problem could it have overheated and losing power under load valve or lost compression

If I read your question correct, Yes the exhaust valve could have overheated warping the valve head or burning the seat area and drop compression to a extent. Kawasaki shows no replacement valve guide or seat so if this were the case a new head would be required if the seat area could not be re-ground.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by piston slapper View Post
You never learn anything until you admit you don't know it all...

"Why go out preserved when you can go out beat up, worn out, sliding in sideways screaming, Holy Sh!t What A Ride" !!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 AM.

Page generated in 0.10660 seconds with 8 queries