Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-09-2001, 06:07 AM
LawnSite Member

Building trades assoc.

Has anyone heard of Building trades assoc. I got a flyer in the mail saying for 95.00 per year they offer deals on Health, liability,comp,
and all sorts of things that could come in handy. Just curious if anyone has any info. They have a website under the same name.
Old 06-09-2001, 06:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Health Care

Thanks for the info I'm still searchin for a better carrier. I think as a group we could have some awsome buying power. We just need to get together and make it happen.
Old 06-09-2001, 11:16 PM

Location: Middle Tennessee, Walking Horse Capital of the World
Moved this thread here. Better place for this topic.
Old 06-10-2001, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Im currently a member of something like that CBA (Contractors and Builders Association). It does save on workmans comp, thats why i joined, but thats about it for me. They do alot for builders, and construction people. How many members are there here anyway? I am not a lawyer or accountant but have thought about it for a while. We could take off the dues on our taxes, and could make it available through here and take off our monthly internet fees too. If no one looks into it before the middle of july i am going to, well actually my girlfriend will when she moves down here. As far as Auto ins we would be better off with our local agents, but for something like health and workmans comp, that is dealt with over the phone anyway. How do we find out how many members there are here? We would also have a better way of getting rid of unlisenced contactors with a letter from the Proffesional Lawn and Landscaping contractors Of North America, than with a letter from scotts lawn care. I have been working on a letter that im going to send to the city council of each and every city that i work in. Around here there are alot of scrubs (bugs me when some people use it becuase when i started i looked like one, but i was licensed, i was just nieve. But if someone does a search they may find this). I have been looking into what government divisions to contact for advise on how to proceed. Some people may think this is a lost cause or just a fantasy, but the teemsters started somewhere. Police have something called the Police benelevent association, im going to ask there for advise, i dontated money when a cop was suspended here for shooting a drug dealer who was trying to run him over, that started the riots in south st pete a few years ago, some may have seen that on the news. But anyway i am serious about this, so if anyone has any advise or knows something that could help out please let me know, becuase we wont be taken seriously till we do something like this, becasue it doesnt take a rocket scientist to do this work, and if someone does it with cheap homeowner equipment, and trys hard they can do a decent job, and can probably do it forever without ins or license.