Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-20-2006, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone on this site not into hunting? Or even against it?

I'm not into it at all. I wouldn't say I'm against it. It just seems so unfair to kill such a beautiful animal using a gun or bow. The animal doesn't stand a chance against a bullet. My friends (other LCO's) are shocked at my stance because I wrestled in college and did MMA afterwards for years. Yes, those are violent sports but it's hand to hand combat not flesh against rifle. I'm not judging or protesting you guys just wondering what a hunter's thoughts are on this topic?
Old 11-20-2006, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

my brother has been hunting now for two years. his father in law (J.O.) got him into it and i don't see the point. My cousin married a guy that only hunts some thing that can kill him, which i think is a pretty fair stance. that being said, he was raised hunting with his father who would practically live off the deer meat for most of the year. I can also agree with that.
Most of the guys i know are in it for the trophy. to each his own, i guess.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I don't hunt.

However, I don't have a problem with people who do.

The only hunting I disprove of is farmed bird hunting. Might as well shoot fish in a barrel.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't hunt but have no issue with the sport...But as mentioned...caged hunting is B.S...
'99 Craftsman GT w/20hp V-Twin Kohler Pro, Automatic, Modified Triple Blade 50" Deck w/Electric Height Adjustment | '90 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Self Propelled Commercial Engine Mower | '75 Lawn-Boy 21" 2 stroke Push Commercial Engine Mower | 42" High Speed Lawn Sweeper | 48" Snow/Dozer Blade | 48" Core Aerator | 36" 400lb Lawn Roller | '98 Ryobi 790r 31cc 2 cycle Split-Straight Shaft Trimmer/Edger | Echo PB-200 Blower
Old 11-20-2006, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I do hunt.
I find those that disprove of it are against killing a living organism. My response is, how did you survive?
Old 11-20-2006, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have absolutly nothing against hunting, but don't hunt myself.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I used to hunt when I was younger, but I ate what I killed. I don't personally agree with trophy hunting, and cage hunting is total BS. I really like venison, and other wild game. I have been wanting to hunt again for a couple of years. I just don't see a reason for it unless you are planning on eating it.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I hunt ans have been hunting most of my life. I eat everything I shoot. Even with tropy hunting, they are required to bring the meat out with them and if they don't, they are in violation of game laws and is considered poaching. I don't know about other states, but here the head ids the last thing to be brought out, unless you bring everything out at once. I am not into a fenced hunt, but I am not against it if that is all that is available to an individual, then that is their choice and as long as it is legal, I have no problem with it.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would also like to add that when pictures are posted, make sure they are clean. It is a disrect to the animal to show pictures the way some of them have been shown. Clean them up, show them as the magestic animal they are. Take the pictures in the feid, not on the garage floor or back of the truck. Take the time to roll it a little to hide where it was gutted and place tjhe tongue back in its mouth. Have respect for the people viewing them and for the animal itself. Show the non hunting public that we are not just animal killers.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I don't hunt but not against it by any means. I do have a problem with getting up before dawn and sitting in the woods in the cold. That just doesn't seem right

My parents were born and raised in Brooklyn and the Bronx so things like hunting, fishing and camping were not exactly things New Yorkers did