Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-11-2000, 10:15 PM
LawnSite Member

I have a few small tree jobs to do this monday the 13.And dont quite know how to charge,is it by hour?by weight?or what?<br>PLEASE give me an idea if you can.I have a <br>6'x 16' trailer<p>timcampbell_cleancutlawncare@hotmail.com<p><br>
Old 03-11-2000, 10:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

By the hour plus dumping costs. I dont like <br>tree work,too dangerous plus I'm scared of<br>heights
Old 03-11-2000, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

it also depends on difficulty can you just drop em or is there obsticles around where you have to piece it down some trees are chop and drop and you wouldnt want to charge by the hour it wouldnt take long others take a long time if you have to lower limbs with a rope(also takes 2 people, wich i recomend for any climbing job so if something happens they can help you) be carefull and take your time, charge them for dump fees and drive time to and from dump take into cosideration that falling trees will dig up the sod so you will want to tell them that you will or wont be responsible for the price of replacing sod also there are the stumps to consider make sure its clear with them if you are responsible for grinding them or not<p>----------<br>CJC Landscape Management<br>Winter Haven, Florida
Old 03-11-2000, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't forget that your liability insurance may not cover you. You may want to check your policy before you accept this job. <br>Lance
Old 03-12-2000, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks alot for your help.....I have plenty of insurance & there's no climbing...just a power pruner and I will be by myself.Its just regular triming of low hanging branches about 8&quot; thick...what is a fare price per hour?And does it go into the dump time or is that seperate?If so how much? THANKS <p>timcampbell_cleancutlawncare@hotmail.com<br>
Old 03-12-2000, 06:46 PM
Banned

Let me preface this by saying I have no experience with tree work. If I had the opportunity, I would estimate my time and give the customer a price based on $60 per hour. If I think it will take 2.5 hours including dumping, $150 plus dump fees. &lt;p&gt;John
Old 03-12-2000, 06:51 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I recently trimmed some low hanging limbs in a yard, only needed a small ladder and a chain saw. I charged the man $50.00, trimmed the limbs, hauled to curb, cleaned his 2 gutters, and was gone in 35-40 minutes. I thought I did pretty good, especially when he said he had to leave. I knew it wouldn't take long and if he were there he would have said something about the short amount of time and the money he spent.<p>Homer
Old 03-12-2000, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for your help,you guys are great to have around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p><p>Tim Campbell...Brandon,FL<br>
Old 03-15-2000, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Member

SORRY THIS IS A LITTLE LATE BUT I'LL PUT IN MY 2CENTS WORTH. ITS NICE TO FOOL AROUND WITH TREES YOU CAN MAKE SOME GOOD MONEY FORM IT. JUST REMEMBER TO BE SAFE EVEN WHEN DOING LITTLE JOBS.<br> I DO TREE WORK MYSELF AND FOR BIGGER JOBS I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HELPS ME. HE ALSO DOES THIS FOR A LIVING. WHEN WE GO BID ON A JOB WE CHARGE BE THE TREE!!!! THEN ADD THE OTHER CHARGES. THE REASON FOR THIS IS THAT WE FIND OUR SELF AT A JOB AND WE CAN BE DONE IN A MATTER OF MINUTES. (IF ITS A SMALL TREE) BUT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE TO SHOW A PROFIT. THE GOOD THING ABOUT TREE WORK (EVEN LITTLE JOBS) IS THAT POEPLE WILL COME OUT LIKE FLYS ON @#$% TO GET YOU TO DO SOME THING TO THERE TREES.<br> IF YOU EVER NEED SOME HELP JUST E-MAIL ME AT ( metroman1@mindspring.com )I'LL SEE WHAT I CAN DO.<br> DONT FORGET TO BE SAFE!!!!!!!