Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-12-2000, 12:45 PM
LawnSite Member

For operators that run Grasshopper mowers. There is a newly designed baffle system and blades for side discharge that you will want to install on your decks. The 2000 models come standard with these, but you can install them on your existing mowers (just a straight bolt on affair). The combination of the new blades and baffles produces an even better cut plus wet grass won't build up under your deck. The way the baffles are designed the grass has no choice but to go out the side discharge no matter how wet it is. I mowed for a couple of weeks with them installed on my deck with no build up to speak of. Used to when I would mow wet fescue and ryegrass the deck would wind up weighing a ton from the grass building up underneath it. That's a thing of the past now, and needless to say I'm tickled to death.<p>----------<br>Doc Shank<p>
Old 03-13-2000, 06:49 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Doc, I bought six of the new blades from my local dealer and almost had a stroke when I opened the packing slip. $18.95 each. Did you pay that much? Also, how much was the baffle kit? Hope it's not as high as the blades. I've been using aftermarket blades, and looks like i'll have to continue to do so unless this in an incorrect price that I paid. thanks, Lynn
Old 03-13-2000, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Member

I paid $13.85 for the mew blades and have been paying $11.70 for the normal grasshopper blades<p>----------<br>T.J. Greenfield<br>
Old 03-13-2000, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

tj, send me your email address, so I can tell my dealer that he is charging too much for his blades, if you would. Thanks, Lynn
Old 03-13-2000, 06:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

SOunds like a good idea
Old 03-13-2000, 08:14 PM
LawnSite Member

I hate cutting Fescue with this mower for the simple reason that there are no baffels on the underside of the deck. How much does is cost to outfit an older deck??
Old 03-13-2000, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Member

I would also like to hear from some Grasshopper owners via e-mail. Do you have to use the blades with this new baffle system? And is it different than the old mulching baffles? I use gator mulcher blades now. Would love to talk more about Grasshoppers. Thanks.
Old 03-13-2000, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

didn't know my e-mail wasn't on my profile, it is tjg_mc@hotmail.com <p>----------<br>T.J. Greenfield<br>
Old 03-14-2000, 12:49 AM
LawnSite Member

You don't have to use the new blades with the new baffles, although I think the new style blades give a better cut. The new baffles bolt up to the deck using the same mounting holes as the mulching baffles. The new baffles are for side discharge. The Part No. for the new baffles(61&quot; deck) is #504013 (Called a Dispersal Discharge Kit $125.00), the new style blade(61&quot; deck) Part No. is #320245. I paid $16.00 ea. for them. Sounds like T.J.'s dealer gave him an extremely good price on the blades, more than likely he can get the baffle kit quite a bit cheaper than I did also. Considering the time I've saved not having to clean grass out from under the deck, I'd say the new baffles have already paid for themselves.<p>----------<br>Doc Shank<p>