Register free!

Old 12-16-2007, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Member

Suggestions on a good walk-behind spreader wanted.

I need to replace my walk-behind spreader this spring and wanted to get some feedback on quality options other than Lesco. I actually got a new Agrifab commercial this year and it turned out to be the worst piece of equipment I've ever bought. Even the $25 Scotts residential I've had for years at the house has taken 10 times the abuse and runs like a top. I would not suggest the agrifab. They look commercial from a far but are far from good. I started having trouble with it from the first use and it went downhill from there. Let me know what you use and why you like them. Thanks.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've got a Meyer.....I think its called 'Hot Shot'.....use it for ice melt and seed. Solid spreader, simple and......well its solid, well made. I bought it off Craigslist for $65 and I think they sell for around $200. Guy had a bunch where he bought out someone.....should have bought more then just one, oh well.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:17 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input rockwater.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Member

spreader

go with lesco you can get parts easy
6 tralers+more stuff my wife calls it a junk yard.
no job to large more Toys
added to my collection .2 big orange trucks XT55
hi ranger ,carlton 3500 stump grinder,woodchuckwc17
Montana 555 and a truck load of tools
Old 01-12-2008, 08:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
I've got a Meyer.....I think its called 'Hot Shot'.....use it for ice melt and seed. Solid spreader, simple and......well its solid, well made. I bought it off Craigslist for $65 and I think they sell for around $200. Guy had a bunch where he bought out someone.....should have bought more then just one, oh well.

I think I got one from the same guy as you did. I should have gotten more too. The hotshot is doing well except for the gear cover.

www.mowingtowing.com
Old 12-18-2007, 02:52 AM
LawnSite Member

52 views and only 2 of you use broadcast spreaders? Nice.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:56 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Their are only 3 spreaders to consider and in this order i put the Scotts/anderson last becouse the dam thing is stupid money

Lesco 80lb. 350.00 to 450.00
Spyker 250.00 to 450.00
Scotts/Anderson Very Expensive for a walk behind, totaly stupid money
Old 12-18-2007, 04:00 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proscapesvirginia View Post
I need to replace my walk-behind spreader this spring and wanted to get some feedback on quality options other than Lesco. I actually got a new Agrifab commercial this year and it turned out to be the worst piece of equipment I've ever bought. Even the $25 Scotts residential I've had for years at the house has taken 10 times the abuse and runs like a top. I would not suggest the agrifab. They look commercial from a far but are far from good. I started having trouble with it from the first use and it went downhill from there. Let me know what you use and why you like them. Thanks.
I use lesco becouse it is accurate and has a percision spread pattern, truely industrial quality, and is considered the industry standard, I have a lesco 80lb i can sell you in new condition.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
LawnSite Member

New Lesco for sale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshskis View Post
I use lesco becouse it is accurate and has a percision spread pattern, truely industrial quality, and is considered the industry standard, I have a lesco 80lb i can sell you in new condition.
I imagine the shipping on these to VA is not cheap. I certainly want Lesco but my closest dealer is an hour away and I don't live in the middle of nowhere. I can't believe there isn't one closer. Are you a dealer yourself? Okay I'll bite. Is it brand new or lightly used? How much? And thanks for your feedback on previous posts.

-Alex
Old 12-18-2007, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proscapesvirginia View Post
I imagine the shipping on these to VA is not cheap. I certainly want Lesco but my closest dealer is an hour away and I don't live in the middle of nowhere. I can't believe there isn't one closer. Are you a dealer yourself? Okay I'll bite. Is it brand new or lightly used? How much? And thanks for your feedback on previous posts.

-Alex
an hour isn't that bad a drive. my lesco dealer is 45 minutes away and i'm there a bunch. most all my suppliers are 45 minutes away.