Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-18-2008, 02:22 PM
Scott's Lawn Maintenance Scott's Lawn Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lanoka Harbor,N.J.
Posts: 246
Perma Green and spraying

Is anyone using their Pg or synergy sprayers for anything other
then post emergent herbicides, such as pre-m's, insecticides or
fungicides? If you are what kind of results have you received.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-18-2008, 10:22 PM
thomsoutdoor's Avatar
thomsoutdoor thomsoutdoor is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: baltimore, MD
Posts: 4,356
I think with what little volume you have you can't do anything else.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-18-2008, 10:57 PM
rcreech's Avatar
rcreech rcreech is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,717
The PG is only good for Pre Crab and Post Broadleaf control.

As stated the volume of product will not give you the needed coverage.

This is definitly where the Z-Spray has an edge on the PG.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-19-2008, 10:22 PM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
The PG is only good for Pre Crab and Post Broadleaf control.

As stated the volume of product will not give you the needed coverage.

This is definitly where the Z-Spray has an edge on the PG.

I've gotten excellent control of crabgrass post emergently. In fact this is where I think it really shines for me as far as spraying goes.I have not used it for spraying insecticides and fungicides. I have used granular insecticides in it for Fire Ants an sub-surface feeding insects. Rodney is right I think you would need the penetration of higher volumes of liquid for surface feeding insects in turf. You can use liquid Pre-M in it, but I would advise against it. A huge mess. Agitation becomes an issue with WP's and WDG's. It is illegal to use Lesco Three-way in your machine but legal to use Trimec 992, so be sure to read your labels before using certain products.
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-19-2008, 10:51 PM
rcreech's Avatar
rcreech rcreech is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: OHIO
Posts: 5,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I've gotten excellent control of crabgrass post emergently. In fact this is where I think it really shines for me as far as spraying goes.I have not used it for spraying insecticides and fungicides. I have used granular insecticides in it for Fire Ants an sub-surface feeding insects. Rodney is right I think you would need the penetration of higher volumes of liquid for surface feeding insects in turf. You can use liquid Pre-M in it, but I would advise against it. A huge mess. Agitation becomes an issue with WP's and WDG's. It is illegal to use Lesco Three-way in your machine but legal to use Trimec 992, so be sure to read your labels before using certain products.
It's illegal to run Lesco's Three Way with a PG?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-20-2008, 01:00 AM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreech View Post
It's illegal to run Lesco's Three Way with a PG?
The label recommends that it be applied in 40-80 gals of water per acre. As you read further it says it can be applied in 1-5 gals /1000. I can't speak for the PG magnum as my PG is an Ultra. Mine has an 8 gal tank that sprays 32k or 4k/gal. I believe the magnum is about the same...not sure. At the beginning of the label it states "It is against Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with it's labeling." Therefore, technically making it illegal to spray out of a PG...at least my PG Ultra. It sucks because Trimec 992 has the same % active ingredients and has no such stipulations on the volume of water used. I just use the Trimec 992. It makes absolutely no sense at all to me, but I guess if someone wanted to nail you to a cross for it, they could!
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-19-2008, 10:05 AM
Scott's Lawn Maintenance Scott's Lawn Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lanoka Harbor,N.J.
Posts: 246
What pre-m products are you using with your Perma
Green and the rate of the product?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-20-2008, 11:03 AM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,172
Rodney, you need to check your PM's
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-20-2008, 03:08 PM
NCIlandscaping NCIlandscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: albany ny
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott's Lawn Maintenance View Post
Is anyone using their Pg or synergy sprayers for anything other
then post emergent herbicides, such as pre-m's, insecticides or
fungicides? If you are what kind of results have you received.
We spray insecticides with our perma green with great results...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-20-2008, 09:52 PM
ted putnam's Avatar
ted putnam ted putnam is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 4,172
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCIlandscaping View Post
We spray insecticides with our perma green with great results...
What insecticide and what pest if you don't mind me asking?
__________________
"The Poor Fish" circa 1930's: The Poor Fish wouldn't have been caught if he'd known enough to keep his fool mouth shut.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:33 AM.

Page generated in 0.10773 seconds with 7 queries