Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2001, 06:06 PM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
hydro 48 and larger

will you have the double blade setup in 2002 larger walkbehinds 48 or larger ? we want to ditch our 52 scagg and get a 48 or 52 inch gravely hydro first thing next spring
Old 11-11-2001, 06:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The 48" prototype that I tested for Gravely did have the double blades and they worked very well. It is my understanding that they will be available for the 48 hydros.

Old 11-13-2001, 09:15 PM
Gravely Manufacturer

Richard is correct.

The 48 will definitely have double blades available. We are currently testing the 52 inch deck with doubles and it looks promising.

Barry
Old 11-13-2001, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

What made gravely decide to finally do away with the 50 inch deck and go to 48's anf 52's like everyone else?
Old 11-14-2001, 03:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Evan, you answered your own question.

Old 11-14-2001, 11:36 AM
Gravely Manufacturer

Once again, Richard is correct.

Richard was a large part of why we did away with it on the WB's. He pointed out areas that needed improvement in order to handle tall wet grass. I then determined that the changes were too drastic on the 50 deck and decided to get into the main stream WB market instead of being the odd duck.

Barry
Old 11-15-2001, 07:50 PM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
Any idea what the 48 and 52 will retail for ?I know spring is a long way off but i was just wondering
Old 11-16-2001, 08:30 AM
Gravely Manufacturer

Suggested List prices are as follow:

Hydro

15HP 48 fixed deck $4299
15HP 48 float deck $4649
17HP (electric start w/recoil backup) 48 float $5049
17HP (elec start too) 52 float $5249

Note these are suggested list. With demand being strong it is possible dealers may charge more. Then again, they may charge less.

Any other questions let me know.

Barry
Old 11-16-2001, 05:46 PM

These prices stack up very well against scagg ,we will be buying gravely this time .we have a dealer not far from my location
Old 11-16-2001, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

odin00,
Although I do endorse the new Gravely mowers I also recommend that you try out all of the mowers that are available to you.

I say this because you are making a business decision to buy a Gravely mower without even having test driven one. The new Gravely mowers are nothing like the old ones.

When Spring comes and the new Gravelys are in the showrooms try them out. You most likely will like them.

Closed Thread