Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-26-2008, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Report Unlicensed Applicators, Off Target Applications

To whom do you report unlicensed applicators in Connecticut? I looked on the DEP website but could not find a link. Does anyone have a number to call for Connecticut and is there a reward for reporting if it leads to them getting caught?

Also, for off target application - my neighbor's service (well known company with big green trucks) is constantly hitting my small strip of lawn and leaving the application on my driveway. Last year they learned not to from me calling each time. Came home today and it was all yellow-green pre-emergent granules on my driveway and my fresh topsoil and grass seed where the plow guy dug up the lawn. Now the seed is shot and it will be hard to grow new grass. I want to go straight to the DEP and file a complaint. Then make the neighbor's fert. company pay for sod installation where I had seeded.
Exmark 31 hp lazer 72" /w/ ultravac QDS
Exmark 48" Turf Tracer
Kubota with 60" Aeravator
10+13 hp Little wonder blowers
Shindaiwa and Stihl Trimmers + Blowers
CAT 303 C CR ASV RC50 + attachments
Solo Except When Absolutely Necessary
Old 03-26-2008, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

http://www.ct.gov/doag/cwp/view.asp?...9106&doagNav=|

call dept of agri ask for pesticide board,
this sint americas most wanted no reward, but i can see your concern, id be pissed also
1-Z-Spray Int
1-T-3000
1-Permagreen Mag
4-backpackmistblowers
1-Four Wheeler with 50ft air blast mist sprayer
1-F-250 4x4 supercab p/u
1-E-250 van w-enclosed trailer
1-E-150 van
2-landscape trailers
a ton of backpack sprayers
Old 03-27-2008, 07:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

yeah, call the dept of ag, they will direct you to the correct person . you have every right to make them come back and take care of the area they ruined (seedbed) by misapplying . make it happen dude!!!! mow power to ya!! we reported some guys today about not having a license. they are coming out of the cracks like cockroaches right now, i think due to lack of money. they all see a cheap buck, but it wont last when they find out how illegal they are from a visit by the state inspector!!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't call the authorities but, i would leave an anomynous tip in the customers mailbox. I don't like involving higher ups on anything. Almost did last winter when i found out that an employee was stealing from a local Co. i deal with. Couldn't do it though. Thats just me.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Along similar lines, who do we report businesses 'operating under the radar' to. For example, those admittedly working for cash, and not filing taxes?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:29 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bglawncommand View Post
Along similar lines, who do we report businesses 'operating under the radar' to. For example, those admittedly working for cash, and not filing taxes?
So you can go blow the whistle on them? Why do you even care? Some of you guys need a freaking life and mind your own business.
Grow up.
Why the hell would you care if someone is not paying income tax? Let the irs figure it out. Income tax is not federal and is unconstitutional. The money doesn't even go to our government.
I can't believe some people.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:47 AM
LawnSite Member

How do you know he is not licensed? Why does it matter? I am looking at it from the other side. I know in Texas that I would have a hotline to call in, if it mattered, cared or did anything. If I called in the illegal applications, there would be no one left or legal people prices would be 5X as much! LOL
Old 03-28-2008, 04:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysel View Post
So you can go blow the whistle on them? Why do you even care? Some of you guys need a freaking life and mind your own business.
Grow up.
Why the hell would you care if someone is not paying income tax? Let the irs figure it out. Income tax is not federal and is unconstitutional. The money doesn't even go to our government.
Very well put.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daysel View Post
Grow up.
Dude.... if they are illegal, and not paying income or sales taxes.... guess what? They are low balling legit businesses out of clients... and THAT's why I care.

Why don't you get a clue and realize that tax cheaters on one level or another are taking money out of YOUR pocket? Unless..... you are an ilegal operation, waving some flag of rebelitis. If I see you, or your ilk applying pesticides without a pesticde sticker on your truck in my territory in NY.... I get on the phone with my local LCO association... they call the DEC, and the cops are coming after your arse.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You tell em Whitey!!!