Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 05-05-2008, 10:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Neighbors lawn has chinch bugs...

Hi all.. I am new here and not a lawncare professional so I hope my question is not out of line but... I just found out my neighbor has chinch bugs in his lawn. He treated his lawn this weekend with triazacide so I did the same to make sure they did not come my way. My question is, this was my scheduled weekend to fertilize, but since I put down the triazacide I didnít. How long do I need to wait until I can put down fertilizer again? I donít want to over treat my lawn.

Thanks for the help!

Also, is it OK if I stick around and participate in the forums even if I am not in the business, or is this forum strictly for lawn professionals?
Old 05-05-2008, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You don't need to wait at all. You could have applied bot at the same time. They make combination products that work very well in the insect control/fert side but don't waste your time with granular weed control.

Hire it out to a pro to spray your yard for weeds and in the long run if you have them take care of fert/insect/weed control you will be much happier! (Trugreen/Scotts does not constitute professional)

Good luck

Depending on where you are in the Tampa area, I have a reference I can send your way for fertilization/pest control.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:29 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopela View Post
Hi all.. I am new here and not a lawncare professional so I hope my question is not out of line but... I just found out my neighbor has chinch bugs in his lawn. He treated his lawn this weekend with triazacide so I did the same to make sure they did not come my way. My question is, this was my scheduled weekend to fertilize, but since I put down the triazacide I didnít. How long do I need to wait until I can put down fertilizer again? I donít want to over treat my lawn.

Thanks for the help!

Also, is it OK if I stick around and participate in the forums even if I am not in the business, or is this forum strictly for lawn professionals?
Jopela

Welcome to the forum we have several knowledgeable homeowners here. Watch chinch bugs they can eat up St Augustine but don't have any effect of Bahia. Chinch bugs have become resitant to the newer chemicals and we can't rotate back to the old Dursban, it is gone.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.Ē John Wayne.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:17 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopela View Post

Thanks for the help!

Welcome to the board, of course you can participate! We look forward to sharing and receiving information from you. It is always nice to have a homeowner's perspective! Take care.
Old 05-05-2008, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

welcome aboard..there are very knowagable florida guys on here ric is one of them he has helped me.i am just a home owner also...i would stop buying your pesticide from home depot for one there are over priced you can go to southern ag and pro source one or uap and pay less for the same AI ...

like tamadrummer said hire it out unless you want to be adventurous in the yard. then do it yourself...but do yourself a favor shop for your fert and pestcide some where else besides home depot.......