Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2002, 11:17 AM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
15 Horse 48 Hydro

I was wondering if the power on 15 kaw on the 48 hydro is enough.
Is it than same vtwin that was out the last couple of years?
Old 01-08-2002, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I used the new 48" 15 horse Kaw twin hydro mower. The engine has plenty of power.

Old 01-08-2002, 02:57 PM
Gravely Manufacturer

Mr. Martin is correct. The amount of power has been sufficient for everyone who tried it.

The engine is new from Kawasaki. They redesigned the 15HP and the one's used in previous years will be going obsolete in the near future.

Barry
Gravely Guy
Old 01-08-2002, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I mounted a flex-deck on a 36" WB John Deere with a 13HP engine and it is now a 54" cut and he mows low (1 1/2 - 2") and there is no lack of power. It does one hell of a job trimming and contour mowing however.
Old 01-13-2002, 03:20 PM

Location: PRETTY SOON BETWEEN PALERMO AND AYRSHIRE BUT RIGHT NOW SWEET HOME CHICAGO
Barry forgot to ask if the hydro fluid is gonna be mobil one
Old 01-13-2002, 08:03 PM
Gravely Manufacturer

No.

20W50 is all that is required.

The hydro system runs cool. This will give better life for all components.

In addition the Engineer we deal with at Hydrogear told me that some of the detergents in the synthetic oils is bad for the components inside the pumps/motors. I found that most interesting.

Barry
Ariens/Gravely Guy
Closed Thread