Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-07-2009, 01:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Nathan's Lawn Service (4.3mudder)

I finally get a nice day to go out and clean all my stuff and get a snap shot of what I have.

My name is Nathan, I am 20 years old, and I am a full time student at Navarro College in Waxahachie TX. I have been mowing for about 2 years as a crew like this, I used to do baseball and soccer fields when I was younger but because they finally went broke I had nothing after that. I used to work at a ahrdware store for 2 years, but because time and money were an issue there, I finally had to go and do something I would like to persue into.

Most of the equipment here I have head since I started. I have done a lot of uprgrading on things when I found a good deal either on craigslist or ebay. I love what I do, it sure beats sitting in an office in a small cramped cubicle all day 8-5, at least I can get a tan, enjoy the whether, and get to listen to the radio, and all of this comes with a price.... Not having to be bothered by anyone and not having someone always on your but.

The thing I tell people is that having your own business is not so easy sometimes. You are responsible for your own actions, and also takes a lot of self discipline, even when the worst things come.

So enjoy, and questions or suggestions please feel free to ask or say.
Attached Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Nathan
How are things going? I wanted to say that I envy the equipment you have and I got to say that if there is any color a truck for a lawn service should be. It is your truck, It screams come work on my lawn. Nice set-up. Hope you have a great season, and look forward to talking to you in the future.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks for the compliment on the green, for some reason I get a lot of people that like the green. I'm not quite done with the trailer, I'm in the process of making a cage for the front. When the trailer is done, it will be painted green with the Rust oleum hunter green. So, I hope to get it done soon. I have been busy surprisingly, but I hope to get more accounts this year. Thanks

Quote:
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Nathan. I see you do like the 250's! They are powerhouses. Funny you mention the Rustoleum Hunter green paint. The 2 trailers I've had built, I've used that paint. It's good stuff, and a great thing about it is that it's readily available in a spray can, which is great for touch ups, or if you add on racks later etc. Check out the pic of my 18 footer for the Rustoleum. I had the trimmer rack and blower rack added after the trailer was made, so after they were fabricated they were welded on, spray primed, and sprayed with the Rustoleum. Done. I also used the paint (by the gallon-rolled on) when I added the wood sides. Hell, come to think of it, I even used it to paint the Billy Goat to math the trailer. You've got a great set up, and I wish you the best this season. It seems like your crew is happy, and ready to mow!
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2009, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Attached Images

Old 03-07-2009, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice stuff, man. I especially like the truck and the lazer.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 03-12-2009, 01:29 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant lawn & landscape View Post
you can build trailers? is so give me a quote. thanks and God bless
Old 03-12-2009, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csliwinski316 View Post
you can build trailers? is so give me a quote. thanks and God bless
I already had the trailer.I bought it a few years back, someone else did the work for me.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2009, 03:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Thanks, Ya I like that hunter green, thanks for showing me what it looks like, It will match the truck perfectly. I can say that the only crew that will be happy is me, myself, and I. I run solo, and I am glad that I do. Thanks for the comments.

Quote:
Old 03-08-2009, 05:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bought me a gallon of that Hunter green by Rustoleum at HD, only 29 bucks, I son't think that was too bad, I'll have to get a picture after everything is painted. I have to work on the fenders because of dents and a big bulge due to a blow out one day.

Quote: