Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 PM
B&D Lawn Care B&D Lawn Care is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spartanburg, SC
Posts: 375
Feel like I've been targeted

Had a chainsaw that I left in the bed of my truck that was backed up to my house. On top of that it was pouring ass rain all weekend. I feel like someone is constantly checking up to see what I left out. I say this b/c in the past year I've had my truck broke in and a trimmer stolen (which was totally my fault) BTW I came in from a job and left it out there just tryin to hurry and get inside and forgot about it. But I got something for those lil bastards. I'm puttin up a deer cam this weekend and I'm gonna bait them by puttin an old power tool of some sort out there and figure out who in the hell is doin this. Time for a lil vigilante justice!!!!! Premo style!
__________________
48" Exmark Turf Tracer
Redmax EB7001 blower
Stihl Fs80 trimmer
Stihl edger
RedMax hedge trimmers
6.5 x 12 trailer
1999 Ford F-150
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-25-2009, 09:32 PM
4.3mudder's Avatar
4.3mudder 4.3mudder is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: DFW, Texas (Ellis County)
Posts: 2,227
Sorry to hear about that. Man, times are getting tough, so there is going to be more theiving than ever too. Sucks.
__________________
Nathan's Lawn Service



Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningside View Post
I bought a wb from 4.3 Mudder and it was a great deal. he was honest and it was easy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-26-2009, 01:17 AM
ambersLawnmowing's Avatar
ambersLawnmowing ambersLawnmowing is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Neenah Wi
Posts: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&D Lawn Care View Post
Had a chainsaw that I left in the bed of my truck that was backed up to my house. On top of that it was pouring ass rain all weekend. I feel like someone is constantly checking up to see what I left out. I say this b/c in the past year I've had my truck broke in and a trimmer stolen (which was totally my fault) BTW I came in from a job and left it out there just tryin to hurry and get inside and forgot about it. But I got something for those lil bastards. I'm puttin up a deer cam this weekend and I'm gonna bait them by puttin an old power tool of some sort out there and figure out who in the hell is doin this. Time for a lil vigilante justice!!!!! Premo style!
Deer cams work but landmines work better for payback..LOL.. My father told me a story one time about his shed getting broken into all the time. What he did was put an old stripped ext. cord on the gate and pluged itin at night. People stopped breaking in.. 120 volts suck when your not expecting it...LOL Sorry for your loss and better luck to you next time..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Ben's Landscape Ben's Landscape is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,440
That sucks man!!! Good luck catching the crocks!!!
__________________
1995 F250 Powerstroke 4wd 64k miles!
16 HP Billy Goat Leaf Loader
8x16 Homesteader Enclosed
6x12 Road King open trailer
Exmark Metro 48
Toro Proline 36 Belt Drive
Lawn Boy 21" commercial 2 stroke
Toro commercial 21"
Redmax EBZ 80001 BP
Redmax EBZ 8500 BP
Redmax CHT 2300 Hedge Trimmer
Redmax BCZ 2610 trimmer
Stihl BG 55
8 HP Push Blower




Solo Operation

My equipment and truck pics:
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=283877
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-27-2009, 12:45 AM
Jason Pallas Jason Pallas is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Grosse Pointe. MI
Posts: 1,321
120 volts to another chainsaw in the back of your truck otta teach them a lesson! I hate thieves!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-28-2009, 08:03 AM
SC Irrigator's Avatar
SC Irrigator SC Irrigator is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 76
get cameras at your house......we have them all over our property b/c we live in the ghetto lol and started having a problem with that....now no one is stupid enough to come onto the property...everyone is always like your that guy with all the cameras right lol......so word will spread fast.......try that it should work
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-28-2009, 12:49 PM
derbydon's Avatar
derbydon derbydon is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 81
Don't forget about the oldie but goodie baited gas can with either pre-mix or sugar thrown in.
__________________
Diver Don
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-29-2009, 08:51 PM
Lux Lawn's Avatar
Lux Lawn Lux Lawn is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 2,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbydon View Post
Don't forget about the oldie but goodie baited gas can with either pre-mix or sugar thrown in.
Same thing I was thinking.
They will definitely steal the gas if they come back. Just mark a can regular and put some sugar or something in it.
__________________
Luxury Lawn
Larry

www.luxurylawninc.com

http://www.facebook.com/#!/LarryN828
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-29-2009, 08:52 PM
punt66's Avatar
punt66 punt66 is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Simsbury CT
Posts: 8,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Lawn View Post
Same thing I was thinking.
They will definitely steal the gas if they come back. Just mark a can regular and put some sugar or something in it.

Put water in it. sugar doesnt do anything.
__________________
JP Landscaping


SOLO OPERATION
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
mtg97 mtg97 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: glassport pa
Posts: 60
camera

If your going to put your camera on the inside of your window and its a cheap one the flash is goin to reflect off of your window
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 PM.

Page generated in 0.11211 seconds with 7 queries