Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Air ride Seat for Toro Zero turn??? Such think???

hello all, Just bought a left over toro 60" zero turn from my local dealer. It was already equiped with a suspension seat but it just aint cuttin it! I am looking for a true air ride seat that requires AIR. I know that scag calls there seat air ride, but from what Ive seen it to is just suspension. I don't care how much it costs. My back is worth the money if someone knows where I could find one. Any info would be greatly appreciated. The seat I have has the adjustment handle in the front which you adjust to your weight. Its a $550 dollar option that I think is a joke. It is better than the seat that was on my last zero turn but with my back the way it is air ride sure sounds good.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

go buy a small bag from a truck shop just make sure it has a very thin side wall. firestone contitech slam take your pics theres alot of shops that sell the bags just make your own bracket.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Buy a Grammer seat like what Walker has. Not air ride, but the ride is great.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:33 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowcrazy View Post
hello all, Just bought a left over toro 60" zero turn from my local dealer. It was already equiped with a suspension seat but it just aint cuttin it! I am looking for a true air ride seat that requires AIR. I know that scag calls there seat air ride, but from what Ive seen it to is just suspension. I don't care how much it costs. My back is worth the money if someone knows where I could find one. Any info would be greatly appreciated. The seat I have has the adjustment handle in the front which you adjust to your weight. Its a $550 dollar option that I think is a joke. It is better than the seat that was on my last zero turn but with my back the way it is air ride sure sounds good.
The Michigan seat (which is what you have) is about all you can do to a Toro except lower the air pressure in the tires to 8-10 psi.

Hustler has one of the best rides with the flex forks, suspension seat, and other suspension accessories for the seat. So you could buy a Super Z for the ride and pull the Toro behind to cut the grass (joking but then again no for Ohio). Not sure if you could retrofit the iso mounts form the 09 Toro/Exmark models to mount under the suspension seat but it would be worth a look. If your front tire is not air filled putting an air filled tire of the sames size may help but keep them under 10 psi.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Since one suggestion for a different mower has been made, let me suggest looking at a Ferris for your next mower and put a suspension seat on top of that. Works great on my IS3000. My back is not in that bad of condition but, I know people who are crippled with back pain and I don't want to end up like that. With the new decks, cut quality is supposed to have improved significantly though, for my purposes, the Ferris cuts fine with the old style deck.

Addressing your immediate problem, I wonder if one of the air ride seats used on tractors or skid loaders could be adapted? A little welding I'm sure could be done to make one fit. Would raise the seat height considerably though which could pose a safety or operational issue.

Dave in NC
Old 06-29-2009, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Has anyone seen the air ride seat from Demott enterprises? It looks very interesting.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:49 PM
LawnSite Member

What you should do is by a unit that doesn't need to be adapted...........Ferris.........
Old 06-30-2009, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

If mine had cut better, I'd still own one.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:04 AM
LawnSite Member

Air ride seat for anything

You asked and I grant you’re wish. I have just what you’re looking for I have several different options to choose from as in everything in life. You have the chose between the absolute best or just enough to get by. I can cater to each and every ones wants and needs (budget). It all depends on what you would like to archive and what you can spend.
It depends on;
• Air or hydraulic suspension setup I can also do a bottom line type of set up that basically uses a kind of spring.
• If we’re using your existing seat
o Replacing the old seat with a brand new one
o Another option or add on with the package is to recondition your OEM or existing seat (Add better and more padding or foam) I use a heavy close
cell foam and new cover. I can even add in a lumbar support and in most cases an adjustable lumbar support can be added.

The options are almost endless. For the lack of a better term bottom dollar setup is going to start at around $225.00 that’s using the OEM seat and a springer base.
I know this is an old post but I know the need is real.
I am more than happy to help

edit - you can't post an email address at the site. thanks, Mike
Old 05-25-2011, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Member

BR get some more posts so your private messages work.
6.5x12 utility trailer
7.5x20 moritz Landscape trailer
Polaris 700 Quad with plow
01'Dodge 2500 cummins diesel
06'Dodge 3500 cummins diesel
Boss 8'2''V
Ebling back blade
Bobcat Toolcat