Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-28-2009, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Everride Scorpion / Great Dane Surfer Blade Change

I just got an Everride Scorpion stand on mower 52" used. I am having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to do a few things:

1. How to gain access to the blades. I have it propped up on blocks that are maybe 8-10" off the ground and maybe (with front wheels) have 12-15" clearance but still not enough to be able to change them. Do I need ramps or something? How does one do this?

2. How do you get the bolt to the blade undone without the blade turning? I tried a socket wrench but no go. Do I need an impact wrench? If so, are they pretty easy to use? Again, I need more clearance and need to know how to keep the blades from turning.

If anyone can help here, it would alleviate a lot of frustration. Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-28-2009, 06:53 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Chain host on the front end will get it up nicely. Some people will run 1 wheel up on their trailer ramp giving them access to one side blade and the center blade...then repeat for the other side. Get a jack under it and some jack stands. Many ways to get them up in the air.

You need a wrench on the nut at the other end of the bolt. I am pretty sure those use the same system as the Wrights and most walkbehinds.

Tags
blades , change , dane , everride , scorpion