Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 12-02-2009, 05:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Screamin green!!!! anyone have some testimonials!

i have talked to Barry with tech terra , a sponsor here on LS.

he has a product called screamin green. a mulit source N fertilizer inlcuding OM.

this is very interesting as like a hybrid of fert- synthetic and organic.

i was wondering who on here would share their experiences with this fertilizer, being ease of spreading, growth of grass, color and longevity of the fert.

i am also looking at adding some compost tea/ bacteria and fungi inoculations in the summer instead of a dry fert. any comments on this practice as well, experiences welcome
Old 12-02-2009, 06:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

We have used screaming green,the wholeshabang,and 4-3-1 and all work well to very well.

They may be a little dusty to some not used to "organic"based ferts, but with the results that are obtained its not a big deal at all.

I have local small fert companies always asking why my lawns are so dark and seem to do better with drought conditions.

I don't let them know my secrets though.

I have not tried the pre emergent from them yet, I will be using some in the spring.

The only thing that SCU users will not like is that is not too easy to see coming out of the spreader being so dark in color.

Just my 2 cents
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2009, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

great info, thanks. do u use them at spefic times of the year(screamin, shabang etc)

please, more from anyone!!!!

i want as much info as possible from end users!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I would be interested in hearing responses from anyone who has used it on warm season turf(Bermuda and zoysia).
Old 12-02-2009, 07:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the northeast so how and when I use are open to interpretation.

I will use the wholeshabang or 4-3-1 when aerating and seeding to add organic material, depends on which I have on hand.

The whole shabang has amonium sulfate for extra greening, which is nice, like MESA, to a degree.

Screaming green can be used whenever in my opinion, you can vary your rates to get the results you are looking for.

The top growth does seem to be less compared to SCU, but it there are tons of variables that can come into play, weather,temps, grtass types, mowing schedules,soil types,etc
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2009, 08:00 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

we use it and love it, truck load user so we get dimension put on the screamin green in the spring. I actually use it all year long.

Lawns show a big difference pretty quickly when you switch them from SCU or even mesa products. They hold up WAY better in drought conditions, and I can tell you the lawns that I winterized with it in October are OUTSTANDING right now, still deep dark green and the blue grasses are holding color better than lawns that were treated with other products.

Seetjetskier gave a pretty good idea of what is like. Right down to the adjustment you will need to make as far as seeing it come out of the machine.

I will add that I run it in all equipment, chest spreader, push spreader, perma green and z-spray and they all handle it well.

I dont have any input on the teas as we have not really used them yet, but will be incorporating them in our programs for the upcoming year.

We are moving more and more toward organics but keeping all the tools in our box as we continue learning and getting used to these products we take out the tools we no longer need out of the box and do away with them.

Bryan
Old 12-02-2009, 08:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Hey Grassman. I used Nutrients Plus Screamin Green for my round 5 and 6. The grass was a nice color after round 5 but it's a little early to tell on round 6. It has some slow release fert as well as some that I couldn't see a couple days after I applied it. I could still see a small amount of granules when I checked a couple properties after 6 weeks.
Barry was a big help in answering all my questions and never once told me what I HAD to do. He just helped me to understand the benefits of organics and OM.
I am going to try their Preem next year and continue the Screamin Green also.
I also had a new property that had a new house and lots of bare ground. I used Screamin Green and also sprayed ICT's Hydroseed product on the seed I spread. Man, that seed jumped up!
Both Bill @ ICT and Barry @ Tech Terra were great to work with and very patient with me. They are going to get my business from now on.
BTW, they have a plant about three hours south of you guys in El Dorado by Wichita. Delivery was $.85 per bag to Oak Grove. If you have a trailer you might just drive down there.
Old 10-07-2010, 10:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Oak Lawn Medic View Post
Hey Grassman. I used Nutrients Plus Screamin Green for my round 5 and 6. The grass was a nice color after round 5 but it's a little early to tell on round 6. It has some slow release fert as well as some that I couldn't see a couple days after I applied it. I could still see a small amount of granules when I checked a couple properties after 6 weeks.
Barry was a big help in answering all my questions and never once told me what I HAD to do. He just helped me to understand the benefits of organics and OM.
I am going to try their Preem next year and continue the Screamin Green also.
I also had a new property that had a new house and lots of bare ground. I used Screamin Green and also sprayed ICT's Hydroseed product on the seed I spread. Man, that seed jumped up!
Both Bill @ ICT and Barry @ Tech Terra were great to work with and very patient with me. They are going to get my business from now on.
BTW, they have a plant about three hours south of you guys in El Dorado by Wichita. Delivery was $.85 per bag to Oak Grove. If you have a trailer you might just drive down there.
How much was it per bag. I have been reading and this product might be a whole lot easier than top dressing yards after aerating. Thanks
2005 Polaris Sportsman 800
John Deere Lx279 48 inch
Snapper 21 inch
Stihl FS 55
Stihl FS R85
RedMax EB7001
RedMax EBZ7150
RedMax QREBCZ2650T
RedMax CHTZ2401
Tru vac aerator
Lesco Spreader
Old 12-02-2009, 10:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i would rather pay shipping i think, we would have to go down with three trucks and trailers maxed out to get enough for one round, easier to have it brought to us on demand.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:45 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

the responses were all i had hoped so far and appreciate you all on this site.

any guys in the Midwest care to share some about these products and your experiences!?