Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-19-2010, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Help!! Need to Get in Touch with Caterpillar or Case Corporate for Haiti Aid

Ok all, I need your help.

Through contacts on the ground in the region, I've learned that the Caterpillar and Case dealers in the Dominican have full fleets of equipment available that could be put to immediate use in any recovery efforts.

I've already had conversations with my Deere contacts that is leading to some high level conversations, but I don't have any way to get in touch with people high up in Caterpillar or Case.

I know there are several dealer representatives from these two companies and many others that watch and/or participate on these forums. I would appreciate any help that these people could provide in getting me in touch with their corporate "parents." If you want to remain anonymous and not respond to this thread, you can reach me on my cell at 508 944 8740, my email at Andrew@arplante.com, or a personal message on the forum here.

So far I have a commitment from 3 operators/business owners (including myself) to travel to to the region and begin coordinating on the ground with the recovery efforts. All we need now are contacts within companies that may be able to provide access to equipment in the region.

Thanks for your help,
Andrew

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

A.R.Plante on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/p...0670251?ref=ts

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-19-2010, 10:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Go for it ARP!

Just a thought on how others like myself could help. Although I cannot go with you, I would be willing to something back here to support you and your efforts. I was thinking about your organization lining up stuff for us to do with our own equipment - crew - materials with the results (whether it be $, advertising, spreading the word, or helping repatriated Haitiens) going to support your recovery effort.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Email sent.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice that your willing to help. Have you checked to see if they even want volunteers? From what I have heard there are thousands of people that want to go there, but they really do not want anyone unless you have specific training. Equipment is easily stolen there and put up for ransom, so manufacturers are probably only going to lend to certain organizations's. My father in law goes there almost yearly, hearing about it before, I can only imagine what it is like down there now.
Old 01-19-2010, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks guys.

I have several calls in to aid organizations and am working on getting higher up the chain in the Red Cross. There is a lot stacked against going there, so I'll see what happens.

Curtis- Thanks for your offer to help- I'll take you up on it. Even if the Haiti trip does not work, I am still planning on gathering resources for a domestic response this year. I'll be in touch with you soon.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Check Out Our Videos on YouTube!: http://www.youtube.com/user/arplante...s?feature=mhee
Old 01-19-2010, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have sent this post, hopefully you will hear something shortly from CASE.

Proudly running CASE and Takeuchi equipment.
Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Member

i dont believe that clean up is on the formost agenda right now. I belive that its more of a rescue/feeding type of deal there right now trying to get people to safe places and food and water they need. in a few months im sure the clean up will begin. I have a buddy who just got called out fo the reserves to active duty andis ebing sent down there for security. and another who is in a construction batalion who has been put on alert/stand by.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Seen on the news now there is a small war going on with the people of the country. The frustrations are at the boiling point which is to be expected.

Probably be a recovery mission for a little while longer collecting up the deseased people.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Shane.

whitebp1-I agree that it is going to take awhile for cleanup to occur. If I did go down, it would be primarily to assist with recovery. While money is necessary to keep things running, money is not the motivating factor for my willingness to help.

WWW.ARPLANTE.COM

Old 01-20-2010, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARP View Post
Thanks Shane.

whitebp1-I agree that it is going to take awhile for cleanup to occur. If I did go down, it would be primarily to assist with recovery. While money is necessary to keep things running, money is not the motivating factor for my willingness to help.
oh for sure i was in no way implying that you were out to get rich off of things.