Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-24-2010, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Hutler OR Exmark Or Dixie

i am just starting out and i have a 2008 hustler z 60 deck and for the lawns i am doing it great for some but to big for others. I am doing some 1 acre and then some small single fam homes in south Florida and the smaller yards have a lot of change in them so its either leaves a few grass blades behind or it scalps. need ur help on whether to go to a 48 Z4 Hustler that being a shorter deck but would i be lacking in the guts and beefier machine or step up to the Hustler 54 super Z which has bigger pumps and the whole bit but it being only 6 inches smaller than the mower i am trying to get rid of not a big enough decrease in deck. Or do i go with the "new Exmark" with there new pump system and the whole bite it would be a 48 or 52 lazer Z or do i go dixie classic 50 .... all said and done i am leaning toward the 48 Z4 hustler but don't want to be throwing money away. let hear for yall
Old 03-25-2010, 05:30 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have an exmark and I like it they make good mowers IMO
Ferris 32
Toro 21
Redmax BCZ2401s, Redmax HE225f, Redmax EBZ7100 Kawasaki KRB300
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 03-30-2010, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I probably wouldn't go with a Z4, but I'd definately go with the Hustler brand. Have you taken a look at the FasTrak Super Duty? They are very nice mowers IMO. And, the now come standard with ROPS (if that makes any difference to you).
'09 Hustler Super Z 60" 31 hp Kawasaki, Echo SRM-210 trimmer, Redmax HBZ 2601 blower, '98 Massey Ferguson 231 utility tractor, 5' Bush Hog 285 rotary cutter, 5.5' King Kutter box blade, 6.5' United disc harrow, United middle buster, Dearborn single row cultivator, single row HD row hippers, Bark Buster pto log splitter, log skidding "tongs", 6' Fred Cain landscape rake, LMC boom pole, drawbar, '09 Honda Foreman 500 4x4 FPE, '04 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LS
Old 03-30-2010, 08:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I would personally suggest the Exmark, but that's just my preference.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 03-30-2010, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

So i think i have knocked it down to the hustler 54 super z or the "next" or NEW Exmark 52 ... this is where i need your opinion on the next or new exmark over the 54 super z as far as guts and glory and pumps and trany..... also jumping from a 60 deck to a 54 do u think that is enough down size to get a better cut on my smaller yards ( cause the guy who used to cut my moms had a 50 dixie a cuts great straight and flat and smooth but when i am doing it with the 60 its scalping and a little wavy) so once again thanks for your help and opinion and if yall could help me with comparing the guts on them would be great to help me make a better decision for the long run. Florida Boy

Ps Also i am cutting saint augustine grass thanks