Go Back   LawnSite.comô - Lawn Care & Landscaping Business Forum, Discuss News & Reviews > Sponsor Forums - Discuss with Sponsors Directly > Lawn Mowing Equipment & Accessories * * * * SPONSOR FORUMS > Gravely
User Name
Password
Home Gravely.com Parts Find a Dealer About Us Contact Us Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Pistol grip alternatives?

Ok, now that you have redisigned everything else on your walkbehinds, when are you going to introduce an alternitive to the pistol grip handles? Like Toro, Snapper, Hustler, Exmark, and even Husgavarna(sp?) now have. I hope to demo a gravely 48" hydro in a few weeks, I would sure like to know if somthing new might be on next years machines.
thanks
Old 07-01-2002, 04:45 PM

Alternative to pistol grips

We are working on a new design that will rival toro's T-bar. It will be available on the Pro G Series first, then if every thing goes well, the hydro's will be next.

Regards,
Dan Kilgas
Old 07-02-2002, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've never actually ran a toro but from looking at it I don't think I'd like that type of controll. I have ran snappers and I liked if alot better than my lesco. I am realy getting interested in the hustler because of your hands not having to work aganst any springs. to slow down or make minnor adjustments. these are the things that cause me fatigue.

How soon will we get a glimps at the new design. you got me wondering now.
Old 07-02-2002, 07:03 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Hi Gents,
I had the pleasure of field testing the Pro-H last year and as a matter of trivial fact, that is my mug that is on those internet banner ads on the top of these pages as well as on Gravelys web site.
Super people in the company and I corresponded with Barry before he went residential.
The machine is great and getting back to the post I had the same concern about the pistols and brought that concern to Barry. It is GREAT to see that Gravely is working on a different type of design. I personally am not a pistol grip fan. I know some guys swear by them but I just don't care for them.
Believe me Paul, the Company cares what you think and say. I am not paid by Gravely nor do I presently own a machine from the company but they are at the top of the list when it will come time to look for a replacement machine.
Take care,
Ed
Old 07-02-2002, 07:22 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PaulJ
. I am realy getting interested in the hustler because of your hands not having to work aganst any springs. to slow down or make minnor adjustments. these are the things that cause me fatigue.

How soon will we get a glimps at the new design. you got me wondering now.
I've yet to check each and every other maker, but the Hustler seems to have the edge on everyone. The secret is everything on the Hustler is automatic and synced together. When you twist to go forward without spring any spring tension, both pumps go together making forward tracking straight without needed to input any other control. Next, the machine spring detents to zero, so there's no guessing where you are. Then, with zero defined, a simple pull on the H bar in the direction you want go performs a perfect zero turn automatically making one wheel go forward and the other go backward in the same percentage amount.
Finally, the Hustler is a floating deck, totally overbuilt, weighing over 600lb. for a "stay on the ground" ride, plus "no" safety switch to hold to beat up your hands and priced right.

Pete (not a rep, just in love with my machine )
Old 07-26-2002, 01:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Dan

Got any more new info one the new design???
Hope you have something on the market by spring.
Tell us more. and put them on the hydros first please.

thanks
Old 07-26-2002, 01:10 PM
Gravely Manufacturer

Info will be available after Sept 16 once our dealers are informed of the machine.

This includes our new and really cool consumer/prosumer stuff (I can't help it I gotta plug it).

Ed
You are one of the main reasons we designed the new controls to be like T-Bar but, we believe, better.

Chow for now

Barry
Old 09-18-2002, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

OK guys.
It's sept. 16. Tell us all you can about this new grip design. and any other "new" stuff from Gravely.
Old 09-20-2002, 04:47 PM

New Pro Steer Ergo Control

Paul,
I'm sorry we can't show you just yet what we have as only half of our best dealers have seen the new machine and pro-steer controls.
What I can tell you is that the dealers were a little taken with the machine. Many commented that this unit bridges the gap between the gear drives and the hydro units for just a little more money than the gear drive models. As of right now we will only have two gear models available to start with more to follow if we have a good response.
There is no doubt that this will be a hit.

FYI, Were also involved in a development project that will help the professional cutter make more money with the Gravely equipment they purchase. What's that you say! A manufacture that's trying to help the pro cutters make more money!! That's right. We need to do all we can to keep you all profitable. Were all in this together.

Regards,
Dan Kilgas
Old 09-23-2002, 11:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dan
Keep us posted. I still wish you would put the new grips on a hydro. I think you would get a better responce. Let us know more when you can.
Closed Thread