Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 07-27-2010, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Husqvarna Quality and Durability

Hello, I am starting a new lawn business, and, I will be purchasing a variety of commerical equipment. I was looking into buying, based on what I've read on the internet, mostly Husqvarna products. I know that there equipment is expensive, but from what I have heard, it is very high quality and will last a very long time. I was specifically looking into buying new, but that could change. If I had the money to allow it, I was planning on buying 1 Husqvarna PZ6030CV ZTR, 1 Husqvarna WH5217 Commercial Walk-behind, and Husqvarna trimmers, blowers, and edgers, along with a small Landowner series small walk-behind. Please let me know if this plan is foolish, if it makes sense, or if it needs some tweaking in the specific models, etc. Thanks
Old 07-27-2010, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought the dixon version of the PZ, I love it its a great machine cut quality is great has great power and can hold hills really well, and rides nice too. A lot of guys don't like husqvarna mower, because the older ones wernt that great. But the pz I would put up against any mower in the industry.

As far as handhelds that's all I run. I have a redmax blower which is great, a husqvarna 150bt blower and my string trimmers are 326l and they are hands down the best trimmer. Do a search on the 326L and you will find a lot of haPpy husqvarna owners. To sum it up all I run is husqvarna I really love their products and JimQ on this site works at the factory in nebraska and he has been real helpful! You won't be disappointed
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2010, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I have a commercial husq WB 32in. that I absolutely love, I won't buy anything other than husq WB's and Kubota ztr's if I ever get accounts large enough to handle a ztr. Echo hand helds all the way though.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

You also want to consider dealer support when buying new equipment. A good or bad dealer will make or break the deal. Without a good dealer I wouldn't buy the best equipment in the world. You will know what I mean when a dealer goes to bat for you on warranty claims and dealing with the manufacturer.

I'm not to familiar with husky products except chainsaws which they make well. Not many dealers around here for Husky commercial lawn equipment.

I started with slightly used commercial equipment and upgraded as my business grew. This allowed me to keep my costs low and stay out of debt.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have there most powerful string trimmer and I LOVE IT. Far better then my Redmax was.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:46 PM
LawnSite Member

I run all husky equipment except an echo edger. Husky LZ mower, 326LS trimmer, blower & hedge trimmer. I love all of my equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
business plan , equipment , husqvarna , quality , start-up