Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-03-2011, 09:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Best accounting software

I'm sure this has been debated before on here and I dont want this turning into a sh$! storm of a debate about what system is best. Mainly looking to see what landscape/lawn care company geared accounting software is out there and the quick pros and cons of each.

Looking to start over/start fresh for 2011 and on
Old 01-06-2011, 04:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quickbooks Pro is hands down the best business software period. I've been using it since 98 and if your serious about keeping track of how your business is doing this is the software to use. Do a search on this topic or do a search for Quickbooks pro. and you should get all the information you need.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I use Quickbooks Pro as well and think its great. I have looked into other software but I didnt like any of them. Its a pain to learn and I am constantly learning new things but well worth the money. Iam actually thinking about upgrading to the Premier version this year.
Old 01-06-2011, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Any advantge to the premier edition? We will be using quickbooks pro along with the enhanced payroll add on software for it. Should take care of everything. Estimates are done on our own without quickbooks, so is routing and tracking so really it just needs to be an accounting tool, easy prep and all for taxes and payroll too
Old 01-06-2011, 07:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

One of the main reasons for switching is it offers a price leveling. This is beneficial for me cause I have different weekly maintenance prices. From what I read it will also store that pricing information so the next month when I go to create an invoice for my clients it will rember that price instead of me having to rember all the different prices.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems like the quickbooks pro would work best for us, along with the enhanced payroll add on software. Looking forward to getting things setup and better organized this year.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd like to add QB Pro too for the accounting portion. I really want to track my spending down to the penny.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what I'm looking for too. That and when the time comes to do our taxes, all of our info is there and ready to go in a neat fashion. Should save us time and money overall and all around. Have an older version of QB now but we re using maybe 10% of what it can do and it needs to be updated.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats what I want to capitalize on this year. Have other software that does everything else. Funny though, most accountants I've been talking too said they didn't care whether I used that or not. (Trying to find one I'll keep). But I think they may have been just telling me that because they charge by the hour. QB would save them a boat load of time.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Of course they wouldnt care, without a good program your info and facts are all over the place and thus they can bill out more time lol!

What other programs are you using?