Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Member

I just bought a Lesco Z Two, and am having troubles

Whenever i turn the key to start it, the fuse blows. I've had a few mechanic buds look at it, and because they usually work on cars and not mowers they don't have much advise. Really at this point i'm just looking for someone to give me any advice, just point me in some direction so i can try something to get it working before the season starts up.

Also when i bought the mower it came with the bagging system, but the chute and plastic piping werent included, any ideas on where i could find these parts?

Thanks for your help
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2011, 12:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

You probably have a short somewhere. Time to check all the wiring and see if any of it has been rubbed bare and is touching something.

As far as the bagger, find out who makes it and contact them. Its not a Lesco bagging system so I dunno.

"I just bought a Lesco Z Two, and am having troubles"....get used to this statement.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You have to get a wiring diagram, and check (at least) everything in the start circuit. Although your problem might be somewhere else, you have to use a systematic approach. Pugs, you have experience with Lesco z's ? The ones I've seen look to be decent, but just an inexpensive rider. Like badboy etc.
The bagger looks like a Bluebird, but I might be mistaken.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky86 View Post
You have to get a wiring diagram, and check (at least) everything in the start circuit. Although your problem might be somewhere else, you have to use a systematic approach. Pugs, you have experience with Lesco z's ? The ones I've seen look to be decent, but just an inexpensive rider. Like badboy etc.
The bagger looks like a Bluebird, but I might be mistaken.
Yah, we were a service center for Lesco for a few years. I dont normally bad mouth anyone's machines...but theirs is the exception. Every other commercial machine out there is a step above the Lesco/Cub Cadet machines. I just laugh when they call the machine a Tank.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Yah, we were a service center for Lesco for a few years. I dont normally bad mouth anyone's machines...but theirs is the exception. Every other commercial machine out there is a step above the Lesco/Cub Cadet machines. I just laugh when they call the machine a Tank.
I due realize that not everyone out there likes the Lesco machines, i unfortunatly didn't do a lot of research before i bought the machine, but i got a good price for it and its got low hours, the only reason that i bought this machine was so that i would be able to mow more grass, and you have to also realize that i am only 17 years old and am just starting out.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterMower View Post
I due realize that not everyone out there likes the Lesco machines, i unfortunatly didn't do a lot of research before i bought the machine, but i got a good price for it and its got low hours, the only reason that i bought this machine was so that i would be able to mow more grass, and you have to also realize that i am only 17 years old and am just starting out.
Just answering ricky's question is all. Some people out there really like them.

Also does the fuse blow when you turn the key to the on position or only when you turn it all the way to the start position?
Old 01-09-2011, 03:11 PM
LawnSite Member

When i bought the mower the battery wasnt so good, so i replaced that, and it seems like thats when i started having problems. I replaced the ignition switch because it was pretty much shot. I talked to a buddy of mine who is a mechanic and we checked over all of the safety switches and theyre all good, then he thought it might be the solinode, so we replaced that and the fuse still blows. I havent tried turning it the other way, as far as i know the key only turns the one way.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Member

Ive checked all the safety switches and they all seem to be working, im not very good at this electrical stuff.
Attached Images

Old 01-09-2011, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Your problem, most likely is with the wiring, not an actual component. So stop replacing parts and wasting money. Inspect the harness very carefully for abrasions. If it is a wiring problem, sometimes testing it in the dark will show where the short is. You will SOMETIMES see a flash, along the harness, in the damaged area.. Be advised, the fuse will flash also when it blows. BTW the diagram is impossible to see.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 AM
LawnSite Member

Hey Stillwater,

You are correct that the key probably only turns one way. However, when you turn the key the first click will be to the "on" or "run" position. If you keep turning the key it will then engage the starter. They are not asking if you have turned the key backwards like in a vehicle. They want to know if the fuse blows by just turning the key to that first position, or does it only blow when you try to start it. That information will help you, and others, to know where to start. I hope you get it figured out. Keep us updated.

Tags
bagger , electrical issues , fuse , lesco z two , mechanic