Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-05-2011, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Best Web Apps for Lawn Care Websites

Just recently updated my business website. I solely added many new applications to my website to dramastically increase the ease and effectiveness of the site. I found that many of these apps are FREE and if you want, you can pay a little for a monthly plan. I thought I would share them with you. You can consult my site, www.kirkslawncare.com, to see how they look in action.

ContactMe: This is a new company just starting up but I love many features about them. It essentially manages your contacts and makes it much easier for potential and existing customers to get in touch with you. You can embed a contact form on your website, in your facebook, and many other sites. You can also place buttons that link to your contact form on anysite imaginable!
Below is a screenshot of the button generator and all the websites that it will generate a script for:

It will immediately email you the customer's message. If you want to pay 5 bucks a month, (I did) you will receive a text message 5 seconds after they submit it.
Their customer support is amazing too and they will be adding new features soon!

www.contactme.com

Wibiya: Wibiya is a new company that allows people to place a free toolbar with apps at the bottom of their website. PLEASE consult my website to see it in action! I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND this app due to I think that companies need to have a social presence and this really helps link people to those profiles. If you want, you can pay a monthly fee for more features. I love this app and I hope you like it too!

www.wibiya.com

JotForm: This is the BEST web form builder in existence. The amount this program offers for being free rivals major, expensive companies. It is completly FREE and it doesn't even have any JotForm branding like many free services do. You can embed it into your site. It emails you and text messages you any submissions for free. It has too many cool features to list! I honestly don't know how they make any money due to the superior features for the free plan. Definetly check it out!

www.jotform.com

GoMobi: This service is not free but is VERY affordable! It is a website creator specialized for mobile phones. My "Mobile-Friendly" site will make it even easier for people to contact me! To see my mobile site, go to: http://m.kirkslawncare.com

www.getgomobi.com

I hope this helps all you guys. Apps can make a good website to GREAT!

Old 02-07-2011, 05:52 PM
LawnSite Member

I think the mobile site is my favorite out of what you have listed.

Now your contact us page, its cut off on my screen so I can only see the top of the orange "send message" button - might want to take a look at that.

Also I think it would be very interesting to hear back from you in 2 months or so and see what kind of response you've gotten from using the apps - what worked, what didn't - if you dont mind sharing.

Almost forgot, I, myself would drop the 'best time to call' box or make it 1 field only so people can type in what they want, instead of 3 pull down boxes - just make it super simple.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:10 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nr7pro View Post
I think the mobile site is my favorite out of what you have listed.

Now your contact us page, its cut off on my screen so I can only see the top of the orange "send message" button - might want to take a look at that.

Also I think it would be very interesting to hear back from you in 2 months or so and see what kind of response you've gotten from using the apps - what worked, what didn't - if you dont mind sharing.

Almost forgot, I, myself would drop the 'best time to call' box or make it 1 field only so people can type in what they want, instead of 3 pull down boxes - just make it super simple.
Thank you soo much! I certainly will let you know in 2 months. I fixed the contact form height so it is no longer getting cut off. Thanks soo much!

Old 02-07-2011, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Very interesting website. A little busy for my taste but that's just me. You've gone way beyond my computer literacy level.
I AM however interested in how you allow your customers to log into their account. I assume they can log in, see their balance, pay it etc? Is it the software you use or is it one of the "apps"?

Don't get me wrong about the site, it's just not for me, I still have a hard time texting my children.

Thanks
Old 02-07-2011, 07:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefet View Post
Very interesting website. A little busy for my taste but that's just me. You've gone way beyond my computer literacy level.
I AM however interested in how you allow your customers to log into their account. I assume they can log in, see their balance, pay it etc? Is it the software you use or is it one of the "apps"?

Don't get me wrong about the site, it's just not for me, I still have a hard time texting my children.

Thanks
I just wanted to know what specifically you thought was busy? Is it the colors or something else? Thanks for the feedback!

Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkmbrown2001 View Post
I just wanted to know what specifically you thought was busy? Is it the colors or something else? Thanks for the feedback!
Nothing intentionally distasteful, just too much going on for MY taste. I don't do the facebook, tweet and all that stuff. When I go to a website, I'm looking for info about the company, period. The little bar that kept popping up at the bottom was distracting. I'd much rather see pictures of your work, houses in my neighborhood, etc. It kind of just looks like one big newspaper ad. Please don't be offended, this is just my personal opinion and I have been known to be a bit antiquated.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefet View Post
Nothing intentionally distasteful, just too much going on for MY taste. I don't do the facebook, tweet and all that stuff. When I go to a website, I'm looking for info about the company, period. The little bar that kept popping up at the bottom was distracting. I'd much rather see pictures of your work, houses in my neighborhood, etc. It kind of just looks like one big newspaper ad. Please don't be offended, this is just my personal opinion and I have been known to be a bit antiquated.
I'm not offended... I am always open to feedback! Many of my customers are older and maybe not as computer literate as me so you are helping me out.

Old 03-02-2011, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Member

I use a bunch of apps on my website.

http://www.Genbook.com allows people to schedule their own appointments online. It sends me a text message to my phone when they do, so I know where to go. It also takes the credit card info for me.

http://www.Rating-System.com allows customers to leave reviews on my website. I get an email message when they do, and I can approve or deny the posting of it.

http://www.MobiSiteGalore.com is a simple free way to make a mobile website.

and the one I think is the coolest? -

www.handsetdetection.com automatically detects if the person going to your website is on a desktop computer, cell phone, Iphone, Ipad, etc. You can send people to different versions of your website depending on each devices typical resolution, etc. This also allows me to only have to use 1 web address (my normal one).. the end user never knows they are being routed, regardless of the device they are using. Very cool! As a matter of fact, if someone types in my mobile website address by mistake from a desktop computer, it knows they are on a desktop and takes them to the proper place.

I am always looking for new stuff, and I will let you know if I find anything else!
Old 02-07-2011, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i would also like to know what i need to do to set it up so people can click on their account and see their balance ect.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 02-07-2011, 07:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I currently use www.landscapebilling.com Once the customer logs in, it transfers them to a third party website where it shows their invoices, balance and they can pay through paypal. It is an OK software for $6.00 a month.

A much better, close to identical software is http://www.lawnservicesoftware.com That is more expensive per month. I may upgrade to that in the near future.

My customers love paying online and I get paid MUCH faster!

Tags
application , apps , web , website