Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Any opinions on Scag V-ride

I was at the NFMS yesterday and looked long and hard at the new scag v-ride. Does anyone have any opinion on them? Any experience. Im an exmark man by heart but they do not offer the vantage in a 60, not to mention that they are very over priced vs the v ride. Scag makes the v ride in a 29hp 61" They are supposed to be getting a demo sent to the local scag dealer for us to try out in march. Looks like a good machine and an awesome buy. I would like to hear any opinions good or bad.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There's several hundred threads on this. Wade right on in!!!!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Honestly for the price of these new stand ons you can get a ride on that is much more versitile. But if your in the market for a stander just to try something new or maybe fit another mower on your sweet new trailer i would go with Toro. Yeah im a Toro owner myself but the Grandstand offers more than the scag and exmarks. They offer any deck size, a 1200 hour warranty and they have a system that you can control the speed of the mower witout idling the engine down. But Toro dealers are getting harder to come by in my area, i dont know about down there though.

2007 F-250 4x4 V10
8' Western Pro Plus Plow
2010 Haul-It tandem 6.5x14 aluminum trailer
2012 7X16 Enclosed Trailer
7X10 Dump Trailer
18 HP Billy Goat Leaf Loader
2012 SCAG Cheetah 61" 32 HP Vanguard
Accelerator grass catcher with leaf entender
Kawasaki 24" KHT600 hedge trimmers
Stihl FS 90R Trimmer with edger
Two Stihl FS 100 RX Trimmers
Stihl BG 55 blower
Two Stihl BR 600 Magnum backpack blowers
Stihl MS 180C Chainsaw
8 HP Giant Vac blower

21 Years Old
Old 02-17-2011, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Toro is ok, exmark is better, but I believe Toro has a $500 instant rebate on the GS 'till May 31, so I'd definitely look into it. The VRide is not to great in terms of operator suspension, I'd go for a GS or Vantage anyway

Gravely
Scag
Ferris
Echo
Stihl
Old 02-17-2011, 10:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...+V-Ride+review

Here is a thread I started that generated a ton of great info and conversation.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-17-2011, 10:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I just want to verify. I am 110% satisfied with the exmarks, we run 3 60" riders, new ones with the 3 year unlimited hour warranty. I dont want opinions on what to buy, just information on the vride vs what I have. The first reason I considered a v ride is because of the price, I can get a 61 vride under $7000 with the fleet pricing here. Basically I can save 3000 over a new rider. I will definately demo a v ride before I buy, but it has been considered. Trailer space would another thought, they tell me the scag mows great in wet grass as well. I have no intentions of switching all my exmarks for the time being. And I definately wont switch to a toro, when a toro is practically the same thing as an exmark minus a some of the deck parts. I just want to emphasize Im not dis satisfied with what I have. Have a great dealer with the exmarks as well. The current pricing on a v ride is just a great deal. Just considered the 3rd 60" rider to be replaced with a 61 v ride?
Old 02-17-2011, 10:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bill, I read through the entire thread. It is packed with great info and I appreciate the help. I guess I will just have to demo one and go from there. I dont want to fix something that isnt broken, but then again I dont want to be walking around blind folded!
Old 02-18-2011, 12:17 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay12 View Post
Bill, I read through the entire thread. It is packed with great info and I appreciate the help. I guess I will just have to demo one and go from there. I dont want to fix something that isnt broken, but then again I dont want to be walking around blind folded!
cool...cool...I would definitely say to demo one! That's what sold me!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 02-18-2011, 01:30 AM
LawnSite Member

I own a 36 and I am in the process of buying a 48 this month. A friend of mine has a 48 and 52. We use them all day every day so they get a good work out and they have never let us down.

Custs amazing, stripes are fantastic and is very comfortable to use. Some properties I stay on the machine for two to three hours and I have no fatigue. The controls are very easy and feel great on the hands.

Its over all a great mower. I was temted to get rid of my DFI turf tiger and replace it with a 61 vride. Go for it and buy it.

I think they are one of the best standers on the market plus you can cut very fast with it and get a great finished product. I was about to buy a wright until I used a Vride and I was sold instantly! Over all build quality is 10 times better.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Does the 61" qualify for the fleet pricing?