Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-22-2011, 05:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ways of expanding/upgrading client quality

Hey guys, this is my first post here and I'm not sure how everything works here exactly, but i'll try.
I am 17 and I have been doing lawn mowing/landscaping (mulching, hedging) work for the past 4 or 5 years. I am a very hard worker and take a lot of pride in my work. I am not really thinking of this as a career, and I am going to be going away for college, so I only have this season and next year before i will allegedly be selling the business.
I have around 50 clients in Philadelphia (very small lawns). I cut them every 2 weeks and my average lawn cost is probably $17.00. Since I mow small lawns all I need is a small mower. I have a toro 22in self propelled, echo srm-225 (weedwacker), and I just bought a echo pb-500t (backpack blower) (it's insane)! My main question is what is the most effecint way to expand to get more clients, or to offer more services. Keep in mind these are city people who are mostly tight on money and for the most part stingy. I know, it's not ideal, but I didn't decide where i live.
oh, one other important detail; I don't have a truck, I walk everywhere lol. I have found a way to push all my equipment. For the mean time before I get my license, i will be "vehicle-less".
Any ideas?
Thanks
Old 04-22-2011, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Member

threaten them, isn't that what the mob does? Find someone in the mob and tell them you need some "muscle". Then you'll have all the business owners wanting you to cut their lawns..... and the Don will want 75% of the earnings though..
Shindaiwa T230 trimmer
Echo PE200 Edger
Stihl BR86 Blower

Tags
echo , mowing , teenager , toro