Register free!

Old 06-28-2011, 03:33 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

lawn solutions bought by toro?

Saw this other thread. So lawn solutions got bought by toro? Wonder how that will effect price and availability in the short term?
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...program&page=2

http://tcbmag.blogs.com/daily_develo...ategories.html
Old 06-28-2011, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Glad I decided to buy the Z-Plugger, Dave had no personality anyhow always running things by the seat of his pants. Always putting things off it will be out this week no next week so on and so on. good riddens
Old 06-28-2011, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Sure explains why I have been getting the run around so long on upgrading a Revitalizer unit.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

So....does this mean we'll be able to buy comparable quality aerators and the like from any Toro dealer out there or does this mean the equipment is going to go to **** now...or BOTH???

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 06-28-2011, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I am gearing up to offer aeration next season. I WILL be purchasing a unit and had pretty much made up my mind which unit I was getting. I guess I'll keep a closer eye on things with them and see how it shakes out.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor
Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
I am gearing up to offer aeration next season. I WILL be purchasing a unit and had pretty much made up my mind which unit I was getting. I guess I'll keep a closer eye on things with them and see how it shakes out.
Probably be the same unit only toro red now....curious what the prices will do....my guess is up, well see. z-plug looks capable but it looks like a monstrocity and probably not good on small or cut up lawns, ls ride on looks awesome and I actually was in touch with dave recently about one, now I think Ill do like you and see how this goes.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
So....does this mean we'll be able to buy comparable quality aerators and the like from any Toro dealer out there or does this mean the equipment is going to go to **** now...or BOTH???
I was in no way trying to slight Toro equipment with this post. It just seems like when the individual sells to the corporation, things usually tend to go to hell. I hope this will not be the case...

Old 07-06-2011, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

just spoke with edn distributors, guess they are one of the biggest distributors for lawn solutions on the east coast. They said they shipped back to toro/lawn solutions all their units they had in inventory. Guess they will paint them red and toro stickers?? Called ls and they say they are shutting down production for the next month and have no answers. Seems like a bad time of the year for all this as I would assume this would be the time companies would start thinking about upgrading their equipment for fall renovations. Lt rich must be happy about this, although I think the ride on unit of ls is a much better machine.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

i love my ride on, but had to figure things out on my own. i couldn't ever seem to get in contact with anyone who knew what was going on. Hopefully the quality will be there and the customer service will improve.
Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

The last thing David said was he was working WITH Toro to help them develop some new equipment. I guess they worked something out.

I love Toro and LS products so this could get interesting. I wonder if they will make a green and red machine? It will also be interesting to see what happens with prices!