Register free!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Member

Enclosed trailer ideas

ordered a new 6x14....i have a pretty good general idea of how I want to set it up inside, but does anyone have any pics or ideas to share?
Old 07-10-2011, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I run out of two utility body trucks. We seem to fit everything in the bays. Only thing that doesnt fit is shovels & rakes. Besides for the locator which is only on the truck when I know I have a damaged wire and re running is out of the question. But that stays in the cab anyway
Old 07-10-2011, 09:31 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have found an enclosed cargo van to be the best fit for us.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-18-2011, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Zohan...

I have 12 foot box truck, and I set up both sides and left the middle open. You might think of doing the same, but only setting up one side with full size shelving and the other, just narrow shelves for small items. I have big black plastic bins for all PVC stuff, 72 drawers for bulbs, wire nuts, lenses, etc. A rack up high for pvc pipe and long stuff, a slanted shelf for sprays and paints, a rolling cart with an upright in the center which holds all my yard implements - rakes, shovels etc.

Whatever you do, be sure to set it up with plenty of LIGHTING inside so you can see what you're doing. Also, set up a battery system in the trailer that charges while it's connected to the vehicle. Install a DPST switch to operate the interior lights. When you are not running the truck lights, you switch the toggle to run off the battery.

A small work bench area is always helpful, as is a vise and if you're going to have a 12 volt inverter or small ( harbor freight 90 bucks 800 watt generator).. you can run a bench grinder and your batter chargers too.

good luck

George
Old 07-18-2011, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info george.....i am planning to do similar to what you have.....i already have in the trailer 2-12volt lights on a wall switch, 2- flourescent lights that operate off the 110volt package, which i can plug a cord in fron house or building to trailer and will run all my 110 gear, i will have an outlet strip on workbench on one side of trailer and can mount chargers for cordless batteries on that.....will also have 110 for microwave (so i dont have to leave jobsites), possible a fridge (but leaning towards a cooler)....when i cant get 110 i will also have a 10,000 watt generator in trailer...other side will have shelving straight across for all power tools in cases, parts and what not, and boxes and spools of wire under that on floor....above workbench will be this... http://www.americanvan.com/shelf-and...n-systems.html ( 2 - 30 bin units)
will have an area for brooms, shovel and a rake...also building an enclosed porta potty (when u gotta go....)
first thing to do though is herculiner on the floor which i'll do in the next few days....oh, above the workbench will also be a 32" lcd tv/monitor.....connected to laptop......
Old 08-02-2011, 05:51 PM
LawnSite Member

couple pics of trailer, will post more when I do the inside...hopefully next couple of weeks

https://picasaweb.google.com/1053117...24/August22011

Last edited by Zohan; 08-02-2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: wrong link
Old 08-02-2011, 11:07 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

That linky thing not working..................
Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 AM
LawnSite Member

see if this works
https://picasaweb.google.com/1053117...eat=directlink
Old 08-03-2011, 06:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oops... there's nothing to see here. Either you do not have access to these photos, or they don't exist at this web address. Please contact the owner directly to gain access.

still not working
Old 08-03-2011, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Member

what a tool i am.....never used picassa before....dont have time right now to do a search, but can i directly attach pics to a post?