Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-11-2011, 06:16 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Never thought I would get a laugh out of someone stealing from me

Today I came home from work to drop something off and noticed my gas container was gone. It was there a few days ago. Normally this would piss me off to no end. But not today.

See, this was a No-Spill 2.5 gallon container. It had a cracked top on it. So whenever you try to use it, it leaks. But it did have gas in it. Or should I say "mix." Not just gas and oil, mind you. Gas and oil...and water I had used this leaky pos to store contaminated gas in recently. That's why it was on the side of the house. I needed to take it to the landfill to dispose of the crap, I just had not had a chance to do it.

To the thief that took it...enjoy
Old 08-11-2011, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gotta love it when a plan comes together. I lost one of my No-Spill 2.5 gal cans
because I left it on the trailer overnite. Unfortunately, mine just had mixed gas in it. I've recently thought of leaving an old can filled with just water on the trailer just to get even with the bad guys.
http://www.klawns.com
Old 08-11-2011, 06:22 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yup, I do that on purpose occasionally. Never fails to work.
I have also been known to box up and gift wrap some used kitty litter, put it in the back of my pickup and drive to Wal-Mart.
I get a special warm feeling when I know I've done my part!

You guys need to try it, you'll feel GREAT!

NObama '08
NoMoreObama '12
Well, I hope everyone is happy now.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I've thought about doing that too, every time before when I had a can stolen. But this worked out perfectly. Worst case, they don't use the fuel. They still got rid of it for me and have a can that leaks. LOL. But I think they will use it. It was mostly fresh non-ethanol gas. Still should smell usable. It just has a nice surprise in there for them.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Oughta put a little sugar in with the gas so that what ever the thieves put it in will run extra sweet!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

When I was a kid, one of my best friends lived on a farm in front of which ran a state highway. One evening in the summer, his dad was sitting on the front porch just before dark, with no lights on in the house, enjoying a cool evening. Just down the road, he saw a car stop, and a guy get out and walk toward the house. The front porch had some shrubs around it, and the guy didn't see him sitting there, so he just sat quietly and waited.

Well, the guy looked around a bit, then went went out by the garage and walked back by carrying a gas can. My buddy's dad still didn't say a word, but let the fellow carry it to his car. Well, in a bit, his wife came home and they turned on the lights. Soon, there was a knock on the door, and this fellow said he had car trouble, and asked if he could borrow their phone to call someone to pick him up. McLin invited the fellow in, and showed him the phone, then smiled and said, "you know, those cars just don't run worth a crap on diesel fuel, do they?"

He laughed for days over the look on that guy's face!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My Grandfather had an old Ford pu that he use to keep a case of oil in the bed, the motor leaked pertty good. Someone at his work kept stealing a few quarts at a time for almost a year. Thats when he got the bright idea- He put metal shaving in a few quarts. By the end of the week he figured out with co-worker was the one stealing. That's right, his engine blew. Point of the story is don't steal all of your oil from one person.