Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-09-2011, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Member

z spray vs. permagreen

I am debating whether to buy a z spray or a permagreen and not sure which will be the best machine for our business. It takes me 5 days to do one round of applications. Most of our lawns are 1/2 acre or smaller, but we do some 5-15 acre properties also. Any feedback will be appreciated.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

do you do mostly granular? if so they are both good at that. but the pg is limited at what it can spray bc of no agition. i would go look at both and make your choice then. i went and look at the pg at the local lesco store years ago test drove it then went to a dealer in town that had some z sprays and they are night and day difference in the two in the way they are built...
Old 10-09-2011, 01:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I put down granular fert and spot spray weeds most apps. I do one or sometimes two blanket spray apps for weeds a year.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like z spray hands down, especially since you can have two diff chemicals in two separate tanks...quite a bit of a price difference tho aren't they?
Old 10-09-2011, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I think the spraying coverage would be way better with a z spray and I love the hydro drive over belt. But I can get a new permagreen locally for $6700 and a z spray is $8500. The $1800 difference makes it hard to justify the z spray considering I only use it 5 days per app. and a total of 25 or so days per year. Any thoughts?
Old 10-09-2011, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm new to applications this year. Bought a used Permagreen. I have nothing yet to compare to except for a back pack and walk behind spreader but, I play with it a lot. My Magnum does have agitation. The pump runs all the time and the fluid runs back in to the tank so product is always moving in the tank along with the bouncing around. In the beginning I would go over every thing several times once doing fert and then again doing squirt. Today I got brave and did both at the same time. I have to tell you I bought the machine right, have grown more and more used to it. I will say it is much better than a back pack and a push spreader. I was never out of wind once today. I did roughly 100,000 sq. ft. today and loved every minute of it. Some day I may have a Z-Spray but my Permagreen is doing the job for me. Just like anything else, keep expectations with in reason and learn everything you can about your equipment. As far as mixing chemicals depending on your needs I'm sure that you can mix many in the one tank. I haven't yet but, not going to rule it out.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Iam with Gebby

A Z may be better but if you do your accounts in 5 day with ride on may only take 3 days

A good used Permagreen would be the ticket than move up to something else when you have more to do

Charles Cue
Old 10-09-2011, 09:33 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
Iam with Gebby

A Z may be better but if you do your accounts in 5 day with ride on may only take 3 days

A good used Permagreen would be the ticket than move up to something else when you have more to do

Charles Cue
Excellent advice Charles! 5 days of apps is hardly worth a NEW price, whatever the piece of equipment that is purchased.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

If you are going to buy new go Z. I have used both. The 1800.00 difference is easy to justify.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We are upgrading our.ride ons this.next year I have a used PG if u want it. 840 hrs its works. Used obv but for 2500 you can't go wrong. Pm me if u want pics
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
permagreen , z spray