Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 11-07-2011, 03:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Indoor wall and floor fountains

It's been a while since if been on the site but things have been busy. I want to take a quick poll. I have been installing indoor stainless wall and floor fountains for the past few years and I am now going to be manufacturing my own line of fountains. How many of you ever looked into the indoor market or have installed indoor fountains in the past and is it something you would consider doing? any info would be great.

Thank You

Jeff Michaels
Pondering Waters, MI
Old 11-07-2011, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Member

What do they look like? Do you have pictures or drawings?
Old 11-07-2011, 04:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Right now I have two floor models I will be coming out with one will be the brass elegance series this will be stain less frame with Brass accents and a garden series this will be a stainless frame with built in flower pots. I should have picks by the beginning of next month. Sorry I don't have a pick now until we come out public but i could see if I can post the CAD file of them. We will also be able to do any custom job you may have as well. Everything is 304 stainless steel with many options available. We also have a projection unit that we have out now that we did for the new Emagine theater in Royal Oak, MI. We have a video up on youtube of the Projection water wall just look up pondering waters and it should come up.Thank You for the inquire Muthscapes.

Jeff
Old 11-07-2011, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I've always wanted to do indoor ponds, but this would be great for the winter months. How have you been selling them? Marketing etc.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:53 PM
LawnSite Member

So far it's all been commercial jobs auto dealers,coffee shops,movie theaters and spa's. Like anything else you have to hit your existing customers and send out info to interior designers and architects. It's something that's going to take some time to do, it's like starting a new business for the first time,but there's good profit in it and like everything else you can provide maintenance programs for this too so you still make money on it after the sale. I also hope to have an outdoor pondless waterwall coming out for next spring as well.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 11-09-2011, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

What type of water purification are you using with your indoor fountains- Ozone system, U.V. system or both, Or is it a copper ion..
Old 11-09-2011, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Member

It all depends on the size of the fountains and were they are going. Our standard units will have a prefilter and a uv light. bigger commercial jobs may need ozone but you have to watch ozone because to much can be harmful I consult with the manufacture of the ozone we use when we spec out a job .as far as copper ion I have not done to much r&d on that I know people say it works but until i do more research on that I'm going to hold off on that for now. We also have the customer use purified water not tap water.

Thanks
Jeff